• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yoshihiro Tatsumi's A Drfting Life

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theshadowboss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone read this fantastic manga about the life of an early mangaka in the 1950's? It's fascinating to see something like this in America, and I can only assume it did not sell well, because it was published by a Canadian indie comics publisher called Drawn and Quarterly, and it is no longer available to purchase on their website. I have read other manga by him, and it's very interesting to see his life experiences and inspirations for his manga, especially his experiences with women. Anyone else have any thoughts?
qollocust

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
I've heard good things about it but haven't read it yet. It was on the shelf at Barnes & Noble this weekend but the high price tag made me put it back. Hopefully I can get to it soon!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Oh wait, I thought I had this one but I do not. I was getting it confused with Red Colored Elegy, which is also from Drawn & Quarterly. This one definitely is on my to-read list but I also haven't gotten around to it yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1