• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anime in south africa

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenpachi dude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:44 am Reply with quote
anime isn't big here. If seen bleach, naruto, Full metal panic, full metal alchemist, flcl, vandread, golden boy and GTO. What anime are we missing?
huh?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:07 pm Reply with quote
you've listed 8 animes, now go count all the anime in the encyclopedia, except for those 8 and thats what your missing. if thats truly all that is available there, sorry that your missing out. save up some cash and start buying dvds online or something.
major_pain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:03 pm Reply with quote
What do you mean 'missing'. Sorry to the mods for bringing this up, but I'm almost positive that Bleach hasn't been liscensed, so that means you're downloading subs of it. How does being in South Africa stop you from getting other (non-liscenced of course) series's? And its not that complicated to order anime online either.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:06 pm Reply with quote
There are tons of anime not shown in other countries. Only recently YTV (Canadian Broadcaster) got the rights to show Full Metal Alchemist after a long dispute between YTV and FUNimation. It all really depends on the broadcasters, your computer, and yeah thats it.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kenpachi dude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:22 am Reply with quote
You understand me wrong. I meant what anime is worthwile to watch. Is there better anime than those that i listed. Don't be so hard on me. i'm new in the anime world.

And is fansubs illegal if it's not licenced in a certain country? I just need to know the legal stuff!!!
pythos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:20 am Reply with quote
Try the following:

"10 favorite and 5 least favorite anime?" forum (sticky at top of anime forum): animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11273

ANN Encyclopedia's 10 Best Rated Anime:
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php
(The follow the links in the above to the Most Popular, Most Viewed, etc.)

You may also want to read or search the Shelf Life,Mr./Ms. Answerman columns and DVD reviews for ideas. Use ANN's Encyclopedia to check user ratings and for general info on shows/movies.

[edit for grammar]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1