• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Have you seen Ikki Tousen ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:33 am Reply with quote
If you have, can you tell me why the chick in the Big Four, Ryumo, wears that eyepatch over her left eye ?
CyberViper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote
I have seen it but I don't recall why she wears it, if there is a reason at all. Maybe to be cool? Just part of her character design. Maybe if she takes it off or something she gets more powerful or something. I always wondered that too.
AnimeGreen0813

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Although it is never really explained, I think Mou-chan wears that patch because of a fight related injury. I also think she is extremely sensitive about it.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:43 am Reply with quote
I have seen it and it's one of those series that's so completely bad that it's good. The end wasn't so great though. Anyhow, spoiler[She lost the eye in the previous tournament, I don't recall the circumstances as it's been a while since I've seen it.]
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:51 am Reply with quote
if I remember correctly, in the manga, she has like a "demon eye" under the patch. i haven't read the manga since they stopped at book 8 and it was in an earlier volume. i remember being really weirded out by her eye. Question
-gecko-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
You all seem pretty confused, so let me add the the mix. I'm almost through with the series and she does reveal the other eye spoiler[which is of another color.] Maybe that's the reason she wears the patch?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1