• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Power Rangers as anime........that would be cool

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Anybody ever think "what if power rangers were anime?". I mean look, power rangers are originally from japan as Sentai but were adpated to fit the needs of the american audience. I've recently gotten back to watching the american power rangers which has been somewhat nostalgic to me. I mean why not try an anime adaptation? In my mind it would be cool. Anybody else agree? Or do people think i'm childish as many of my friends do. Anyhow if you guys look at me like how people look at you for watching anime you're only being hyporcrits for doing the same thing to me....so HAH!

If no one has any further ideas on an anime adaptation of power rangers then anybody wanna talk about sentai/power rangers and how it has affected american youth and etc?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Now that I think about it, I'm very suprised that this idea hasn't been done yet. Sure they tried with that crappy *ss Super Monkey Robot Chan GO (I think?) but that shyt is garbage. Why not make an anime of Power rangers and port it to America? If live action Power Rangers has made as much money as it has off of kids and adults and crack-like addicts, imagine what an anime would do. All that potential money lying around an nobody is jumping on it. And yet everyone flipped when Jamster figured out they could sell ringtones and wallpapers over TV. Strange marketing in my opinion it.

And no I'm not going to believe it
You can't make me
You can't make me
You can't make me
YA HEAR???????
jousha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
I suggest looking at Voltron . . . that's basically Power Ranger's predecessor. It's funny, old school, and has an amazing soundtrack.
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
If they got the same people that did GowGaiGar to do the animation and story, I would watch it.

jousha wrote:
I suggest looking at Voltron . . . that's basically Power Ranger's predecessor. It's funny, old school, and has an amazing soundtrack.

Try UltraMan or GetterRobo. Much older than Voltron.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
jousha wrote:

Actually I think the first Sentai series came out before Voltron. Not sure though. If the only power rangers you know of are the american counterparts then those series and whats on now only compile the last 13 seasons which were aired in japan though america only has 11 series. Dairanger and Kakuranger were mixed in with Zyuranger in America which is why the rangers in Mighty Morphin change zords every season.

"Believe it you dirty Shisnos!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Well it's on Toon Disney. I mean that's odd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure that there are plenty of sentai anime series from the 80s and 90s that haven't made their way over here. . .personally, I'll just stick with parodies that prop up in various series, like the running gag "City Defense Force" in Excel Saga, or the Kamen Rangers in Amaenaideyo!! episode 6 Cool Sentai is a part of the culture worth knowing about, since some shows make references/jokes about it, like the "Baka Rangers" in Negima, or Jinta and Karin's arguments about who gets to be "Karakura Red" in Bleach episodes 33 and 50.
jousha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:58 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
personally, I'll just stick with parodies that prop up in various series

Which is probably why there aren't anymore of these type of animes: they've been done to death enough that everyone parodies them.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
joshua wrote:
Which is probably why there aren't anymore of these type of animes: they've been done to death enough that everyone parodies them.

True but you could say the same for Harem anime like Love Hina and they are still being done to death. OHH BURN!!!!!!!!!!! BURN!!!!

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90[/quote]
kittycatgirl2k

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:53 am Reply with quote
Shinesman was a pretty funny Power Rangers parody.

I always thought PR were pretty lame though... and never understood why anyone liked them. One of my friends is in his mid 20s and still writes PR fanfiction though. Blegh.
Angelcake

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:

Actually I think the first Sentai series came out before Voltron.
- IchigoK90

The first sentai series was Goranger. It premiered in 1975 and was the creation of Shotaro Ishinomori, the creator of Cyborg 009 and Kamen Rider.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:43 pm Reply with quote
kittycatgirl2k wrote:
I always thought PR were pretty lame though... and never understood why anyone liked them. One of my friends is in his mid 20s and still writes PR fanfiction though. Blegh.

Hey theres a reason to why people like them or else in japan they wouldn't be on their 28th series with Magi Ranger. Its basically a tradition now in japan and it keeps on going.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:46 am Reply with quote
it could work...if done right. meaning a 100% new plot from the live action show.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote
Haha recently i've been talking to my friend about the good old days when we would come home from school to turn on our TVs and watch other Haim Saban shows such as Beetleborgs and VR Trooper. Also we talked about this old show called Super Human Samurai. Man those shows were cool back then. Just wondering what they would be like as anime. Also if anyone can answer this does anyone know who has the rights to these shows?

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Chouja Reideen is pretty much a sentai anime, and it's pretty neat.

IchigoK90 wrote:
Super Human Samurai.

Super human samurai! CYBER SQUAD! That show rocked. The monsters were all created by this dorky kid who would draw them and they would come to life in the computer, so the cyber squad had to go into the computer too and fight them. Now that I think about it...what was th worse that could happen, their computer's would crash??

Our white ranger is taken from a completely different season
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2