• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Ever Get Dubbed?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeFreak28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:02 pm Reply with quote
It's taking forever and I haven't heard anything if it is or not. Anyone got info?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
kid_gloves

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I dont think its "taking forever" as you said because the show hasn't been out long... but im fairly sure due to the popularity of the show it will be dubbed.
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Think about it like this. They didn't start releasing Fumoffu in the US until like 2005. It was by ADV who did the first series.

Patience.

Japan still needs to do the next 2 books as well.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
It's only been off the air for a couple of months, so I wouldn't worry. Given the popularity of the previous two series in the franchise, I would be very, very surprised if someone (probably ADV) hasn't picked it up by the end of the summer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Have some patience, people! According to a big, bad, fansub distribution website, the last episode aired around October 20th or so. It's only been three months or so, so give them some time. Not everything is going to be FMA where it's licensed while the show is still airing in Japan. Take Scrapped Princess, for instance--it finished airing in October 2003, the license was announced in July 2004, and the first DVD was released in April 2005. That seems pretty typical, if you ask me. It could be worse: Marmalade Boy wasn't released on DVD here until about 10 years after it aired, so wait until the summer convention season. I bet ADV will announce it at Anime Expo or some other big event.

EDIT: Verb tense consistency.

Last edited by Zalis116 on Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheVileOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Its going to happen, its just going to take a little while. And hopefully it will be ADV to maintain continuity. They've done a great job handling it so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1