• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Champloo on Friday night Fix

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:27 pm Reply with quote
well according to adultswim.com,starting Feb.3 the continuing New Episodes of Samurai Champloo will be shown of FNF,as well as there run on wedsday nights the following week.
Wonder if we'll see more show eh? Wink [/url]
camelot187757

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Its about time they started showing more anime besides the Boondocks on FNF. Looks like they've taken notice to their anime fans for the first time in about six weeks (when the screwed with the scheduling again). Anyways Huzzah
RezSav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Champloo on Friday Night Fix
01/24/2006

Starting Friday, Feb. 3, Friday Night Fix will add its first taste of action to the lineup by premiering episodes of Samurai Champloo six days before they air. Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop fame, Samurai Champloo is the tale of Mugen, Jin and Fuu, three travelers in search of a samurai who smells of sunflowers, backed by hip-hop music and modern style. The first episode to be shown online will be number twenty-two, "The Cosmic Collisions."
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Well this is grand. Considering how hard it is to be able to stay up on a Wednesday, this is quite useful.

And eh. Friday Night Fix usually was essentially the Sunday lineup on Friday for those who didn't have the leasure to be able to stay up on Sunday. And it's proved quite useful.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:04 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
Its about time they started showing more anime besides the Boondocks on FNF.

It's probably a lot harder to wrangle online rights for true anime than it is for the non-Fox rerun American cartoons they show on AS, most of which they own and control directly (Boondocks being an exception, since they bought it from Sony).

They probably would have had anime on there earlier if they had been allowed to do so before now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:24 pm Reply with quote
camelot187757 wrote:
Its about time they started showing more anime besides the Boondocks on FNF.

oh well I am over it, Kinda like watchin Samurai Champloo on DVD, but this is good news, the only thing I enjoy on FNF Perfect Hair Forever.......I love this show and that worries me.
On a different note my friends (Who generally don't like anime, beside Bebop and Ji-Roh) think that Champloo is really good, anyone have this happen?
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
patch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Great news that it will be appearing on Friday Night Fix, hopefully they can get a bigger audience since it's free Smile

Deltakiral wrote:
oh well I am over it, Kinda like watchin Samurai Champloo on DVD, but this is good news....On a different note my friends (Who generally don't like anime, beside Bebop and Ji-Roh) think that Champloo is really good, anyone have this happen?

Agreed, I've been watching the Shamploo DVDs since the first was released. Waited for Steve Blum's english dub and skipped the Japanese version. Worth the wait IMHO.

The only anime my girlfriend actually watches is Samurai Champloo.. I've tried Bebop, Spirited Away, but Champloo is the only one that grabbed her interest Smile
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
hey im a huge samurai champloo fan and really want to catch every episode but the problem is there isnt any adult swim on uk cartoon network it just stops and has an intermisson for about 10 hours anyone know why.

if anyone knows of any other channels with aime on them please let me know.

thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
digihood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this is good, but they gotta stop moving Champloo around. It's making me dizzy... Anime dazed
patch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote
Space_cowboy64 wrote:
hey im a huge samurai champloo fan and really want to catch every episode but the problem is there isnt any adult swim on uk cartoon network it just stops and has an intermisson for about 10 hours anyone know why.

Are you serious? Not sure if you're joking, but [adult swim] airs Sunday-Thursday 11pm-6am EST

Quote:
if anyone knows of any other channels with aime on them please let me know.

thanks

Don't know what else you have over there, but I've also seen anime on G4TV and Encore WAM.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1