• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Japanese Translater?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:53 am Reply with quote
I don't know if anyone would be willing to do this for free, but I've been wanting to send a fan letter to my idol, Ryoko Shintani, for quite a while now. I already sent her a letter in English, but waited a month and got no response. I need to send her a letter in Japanese but I don't trust any of the online translaters since they will probably sound very wierd when read. Is anyone willing to translate my letter? It's only a paragraph. It would make me very, very, very happy. Also, the letter's kind of personal to me, I would rather send it via PM then post it here.

Or possibly, does anybody know of anyone who would be willing to translate it?
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:33 am Reply with quote
^^;; Hate to burst your bubble, but how do you know that she responds to fan letters?
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:59 am Reply with quote
I don't Anime catgrin + sweatdrop . But it's worth a try at least since I didn't get a response when I wrote in English. Oh, this is where I sent it to her. You give her your email address, so I thought it meant she would respond.
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
She may not be able to read English, or she may simply be too busy to respond to every fan letter personally. It's probably a combination of things.

Online English > Japanese > English translators are sketchy at best (although I don't know how much I'd trust any online translator to accurately portray the meanings in a written piece, regardless of the origin language).

Unfortunately, my Japanese skills are not at a level where I would trust myself to accurately translate something from English into Japanese. Sorry I can't be of more help.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1