• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Get Backers!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime_Nerd424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:10 am Reply with quote
Hey. I hear a lot of people say that The Get Backers was good but when I look at the previews it looks really dumb........ So is it a good anime or a boring anime?
liquidsolid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote
I saw the series in Animax. And i have to say that i really enjoyed it. The characters are cool and funny(especially Gingi Amano). Some of the episodes are really funny.spoiler[the one in which Gingi falls off a building and gets admitted in a hospital and kazuki dresses up as a nurse]. The ending however was inconclusive. But it is still a good anime to watch.
animebabe247

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Yea i only seen up to Vol. 6 and it was funny and theres lot of action Anime smile I can't wait to watch the whole episodes. If you watch the whole series it would be full of action and comedy =) just wait and see
camelot187757

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote
I have never seen the anime but I red a few copies of the manga and its not that bad. They don't have the best superpowers and the whole independent detective thing isn't that cool for them since thier poor, but the kinda got the whole underdog vigilante thing down pack. If your not feeling the anme i would strongly suggest headin to the manga instead.
jousha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:32 am Reply with quote
I think it's a good anime: fun, lighthearted, and entertaining.

The series picks up when they get into a more lengthy story dealing with Ginji and Ban's separate pasts, how they met each other, and even some past grudges. Dr. Jackal is an interesting antagonist of the series, being the typical baddie who just enjoys a good fight. I suggest giving it a chance if you tend to like action animes where characters have superpowers and such. The characters are varied and cool; it's got some humor in it as well, especially in the episodes that transition one major chapter to another. Two of the main stories deal with Ginji's past catching up to him (you find out why he was once known as the Lightning Emperor).

All in all, it's worth seeing.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quote
Anime_Nerd424 wrote:
Hey. I hear a lot of people say that The Get Backers was good but when I look at the previews it looks really dumb........ So is it a good anime or a boring anime?

It depend on how look at the power. Ginji can generate electrity from his body, so he can zap anybody within his range. Ban can manipulate people by using his "evil eye" to make people dream.

If you think these power are cool like my little 10 year old cousin, then you'll like the series. If you think the power is lame and unrealistic like I do, it might not be as enjoyable. It seem like every sticky situation, Ban just use his Evil eye to get the Getbackers out of trouble.
br0keback

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:07 pm Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
It depend on how look at the power. Ginji can generate electrity from his body, so he can zap anybody within his range. Ban can manipulate people by using his "evil eye" to make people dream.

If you think these power are cool like my little 10 year old cousin, then you'll like the series. If you think the power is lame and unrealistic like I do, it might not be as enjoyable. It seem like every sticky situation, Ban just use his Evil eye to get the Getbackers out of trouble.

yea when i first saw the previews i was Rolling Eyes "something stolen, we'll get it back for you, we're the GETBACKERS!' how ridiculous...dont ask me why i bought the first DVD or why i now have the first 6 Anime dazed it is a mystery to me as well...
Azathrael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
To me, it was an action/comedy anime intended for "older children" but with more blood. It's not Saiyuki and it's not Hellsing.
Wingfreedomstriker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Iv'e first watch the Get Backers on animax when it was first shown subtitled. I liked that episode when spoiler[makubex was about to blow the whole city when Ginji stopped him and became a good guy. Very Happy ][/spoiler]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rajamitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Wingfreedomstriker wrote:
Iv'e first watch the Get Backers on animax when it was first shown subtitled. I liked that episode when spoiler[makubex was about to blow the whole city when Ginji stopped him and became a good guy. Very Happy ][/spoiler]

I love the last couple episodes in that arc. But... spoiler[wasn't it Ban that stopped MakubeX with his jagan? Ginji did prevent him from commiting suicide, though.]
Ryuji Dicey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Me and my bud are almost done watching it. So depending on how it ends, I might buy the box set.

I love this series. I was shocked to find out spoiler[ Kazuki was a boy! ]

They had me fooled.
AceRyonik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:17 pm Reply with quote
How is that a spoiler?
rajamitsu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote
AceRyonik wrote:
How is that a spoiler?

My guess is that it's fun to see people's reactions when they first realize that. Laughing
Ryuji Dicey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote
AceRyonik wrote:
How is that a spoiler?

I didn't want to spoil it if someone hadn't seen it yet.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:48 pm Reply with quote
one of my faveorite things in the the anime is when ginji in almost every single episode isspoiler[Chibi]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2