• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yaoi Dating Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkhunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:31 am Reply with quote
animaniac wrote:
I enjoy hentai games but not yaoi but I've been waiting for some time now to see who would release a yaoi game stateside and when and what it would be. Now I know.

Maybe it's time for you to step out of the closet and buy one of these game.
LilyChan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Yanno. That would be a very good time to use the "RATED M FOR MATURE. IT HAS SEX, VIOLENCE, BLOOD, AND LITTLE KIDS."

n.n

-dances in her closet- Anime hyper;
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Words can't express how happy i am. I hope they bring more yaoi games to the states. Smile
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
violetsquirrel wrote:
That's reeeeeally going to help improve the name of yaoi...
Laughing Laughing ROTFLMFAO Laughing Nice one mate. Laughing
Metanaito

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Silver Chaos next, people! SILVER CHAOS!!!

Never really got into Enzai. Maybe if I get it's english version, it'll change my mind. But Silver Chaos owns the HELL out of Enzai. And the only REALLY "creepy" thing about it, for all you fluff-fans, is Hector, who can easily be avoided by doing the right things. There's even walkthroughs of storylines for it, if you wanted to avoid the creepy-ness altogether. Or, if you're a non-fluff-fan, you can run right into Hector all you want! ^_~ But the scenes with Adonis and Maito are soooo cute... >.< I would buy an english version of Silver Chaos the split second it came out.

PS: ANN, it's pronounced "yah-weh", not "yah-ow-ee".
PSS: Anyone want some Silver Chaos screenshots, contact me. ^_~
violetsquirrel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:06 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
violetsquirrel wrote:
That's reeeeeally going to help improve the name of yaoi...
Laughing Laughing ROTFLMFAO Laughing Nice one mate. Laughing

Ok, so maaaybe that wasn't the best way to put it Wink. The point remains, though, that picking this particular game to release is going to make yaoi look a lot worse than the great majority of it is. I'm just hoping they release it very quietly, because I know I sure as hell don't want Enzai to be thought to represent the contents of most BL games.

I heard what the next one was going to be, I remember it wasn't Silver Chaos, but I can't remember what it was Confused
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:46 pm Reply with quote
violetsquirrel wrote:
I'm just hoping they release it very quietly, because I know I sure as hell don't want Enzai to be thought to represent the contents of most BL games.
You make it sound like there are many others out there. I'm not into these sort of things myself, but these "games" don't sound like the kind one would be able to purchase off the shelf at one's local Toys-R-Us, or catalogue shop. Wink
mufurc

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
You make it sound like there are many others out there.

There are quite a lot of them, more than you'd think. BL has become quite popular and quasi-mainstream in the last few years. You may not be able to buy these kinds of games in Toys-R-Us shops (or whatever their Japanese equivalents are), but you can buy BL manga, novels, etc. in local book/mangashops.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

There are quite a lot of them, more than you'd think. BL has become quite popular and quasi-mainstream in the last few years. You may not be able to buy these kinds of games in Toys-R-Us shops (or whatever their Japanese equivalents are), but you can buy BL manga, novels, etc. in local book/mangashops.
You seem to be writing about these things in Japan, of which I have no doubt that there would be a few Yaoi and Bishounen-ai related merchandice available. But I believe the thread was about availability outside Japan. Wink
astra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
mufurc wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

You seem to be writing about these things in Japan, of which I have no doubt that there would be a few Yaoi and Bishounen-ai related merchandice available. But I believe the thread was about availability outside Japan. Wink

Err, you can buy tons of BL and yaoi things in stores like Barnes and Noble thanks to the glut from Tokyopop and others.
Oh, and Matanaito- its not pronounced "yah-weh." Are you Jewish or just really confused?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
astra wrote:

Err, you can buy tons of BL and yaoi things in stores like Barnes and Noble thanks to the glut from Tokyopop and others.
Well if this is true then there should be no need to fret that this particular game will set any president then. It should be labeled as a more erotic version when placed among the rest.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
food for though I wonder how well this will sell since almost every retailer (brick and mortar think EB and the like) refuses to stock AO games.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Well if this is true then there should be no need to fret that this particular game will set any president then. It should be labeled as a more erotic version when placed among the rest.

The point violetsquirrel was trying to make is that Enzai pretty much sucks, and it would be unfortunate if people judged the whole BL game genre based on this particular, very bad game.
br0keback

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Metanaito wrote:
Silver Chaos next, people! SILVER CHAOS!!!

AMEN!!! Silver Chaos and True Blood *i think thats the name of it...* They MUST produce that one in the near future!

and i didn't know Enzai was a shouta...i remember looking through it awhile back and thinking the prison guard was pretty awesome looking Very Happy
wihowife

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:57 am Reply with quote
Quote:
AMEN!!! Silver Chaos and True Blood *i think thats the name of it...* They MUST produce that one in the near future!

and i didn't know Enzai was a shouta...i remember looking through it awhile back and thinking the prison guard was pretty awesome looking Very Happy

The exact name is Togainu no Chi,and called 'True Blood Adventure' Smile,made by Nitro+Chiral.I think it's the best BL game yet. Nitro+Chiral is currently producing Lamento, which will be out sometime this year. It'll be interesting if you have the hots for nekomimi dudes.

I don't know about SilverChaos,but Hanamachi Monogatari from the same company was so boring it took me two weeks to clear it lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3