• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
is viz ever going to announced bleach

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quote
we all know that viz is going to end up with bleach funimation would just kill it like there other titles they should just buy bleach and announce it alredy or are they in the middle of getting it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote
Viz doesn't have the license to the Bleach anime, so how would you know? And how would you know that FUNi would butcher Bleach? I think you need to be a little open rather than not. Besides, if it was butchered, just buy the DVDs and watch the Japanese track whenever it comes out. Problem solved.
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:03 pm Reply with quote
i know funimation would butcher it becuase they have killed all there anime and i was saying viz is most likly going to get it i never said they alredy have it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:12 pm Reply with quote
I must disagree with you. Fruits Basket, Fullmetal Alchemist and Samurai 7 all have excellent dubs. Now that I think of it, Gunslinger Girl is quite good too. Just because Viz owns the rights to the manga, it doesn't mean they'll automatically liscence the anime.
Hideyuki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Would it be too much trouble to ask for more than one run-on sentance when you post? And I'm actually sick of hearing people complain about Funi, it just make it look like you've stepped out of a time machine from the 90's...

Azumangaman, you'd have to agree that it might give them a slight edge on it though...
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
we all know that viz is going to end up with bleach funimation would just kill it like there other titles they should just buy bleach and announce it alredy or are they in the middle of getting it?

Please. Do you actually own any Funimation titles other than Dragonball-related shows? Can you truthfully say that Fruits Basket, Gunslinger Girl, and Kodocha have been "butchered" by Funimation? I haven't watched too much of the Kodocha dub, but they're doing the best they can--it's a hard-to-dub series on the lines of Excel Saga. Either way, the DVD presentation, of Fruits Basket in particular, is very good.

As for Bleach, it's probably still unannounced for the same reason that Naruto ran ~114 episodes without being announced; the number of episodes is still unknown, and thus the licensing costs haven't been negotiated. I'm betting the summer convention season will bring us the licensing of Bleach.
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Hideyuki wrote:
Azumangaman, you'd have to agree that it might give them a slight edge on it though...

Hideyuki, you are absolutley correct. If anybody does, Viz probably WILL liscence Bleach. I was saying it wasn't automatic. But, it does give them the edge.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Like a lot of people, I used to hate FUNi back in the mid 90s because of the whole DBZ thing. I still hate their DBZ, but I've learned to separate it from everything else.

With that said, having experienced Gunslinger Girl and Fullmetal Alchemist as the only other titles I've sampled since that time, I'd have to say they've really improved their status by leaps and bounds. The products themselves are quite adequate in terms of packaging, dubbing, subbing, and pricing. Heck, they even made ADV voice actors sound good, and that alone proves they've got some compotent skill Razz.

Anyway, as for who will license Bleach, I would leave it up to either Viz or FUNi. The main reason is because most other companies aren't really in the habit of licensing long series. But since Viz just licensed Naruto and FUNi all of those Gonzo titles, it might be a little longer since Bleach is pretty popular and still ongoing in Japan. Regardless, though, I just hope someone other than 4Kids or ADV gets it. That is what you call "butchering."
hikaru393

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote
i have only seen 1 eps of gunsliger girl and that was pretty good and i have seen fma on tv but haven't seen the uncut version yet but evreyone i know says funi butchers evrey anime they get there hands on.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:59 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
i have only seen 1 eps of gunsliger girl and that was pretty good and i have seen fma on tv but haven't seen the uncut version yet but evreyone i know says funi butchers evrey anime they get there hands on.

If you'd be so kind as to provide examples of said butchering, please?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
evreyone i know says funi butchers evrey anime they get there hands on.

They're probably stuck in that mid 90s mode and aren't able to let it go just yet. I can't really explain how I got over it myself, but trust me. As someone who really disliked them at the time, I hold no ill will any longer.

You just have to let yourself be a little open minded and take it a little at a time, which I'm having a very difficult time doing with ADV's dubbing... But maybe someday, I'll get over it the same way I did FUNi... Not counting on it anytime soon, though.

EDIT: Fixed a minor booboo in grammar.

Last edited by Tony K. on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
i have only seen 1 eps of gunsliger girl and that was pretty good and i have seen fma on tv but haven't seen the uncut version yet but evreyone i know says funi butchers evrey anime they get their hands on.

OK, so why not base your opinions on what you have actually seen and heard, rather than just going along with the mob mentality?

And I wouldn't really mind seeing ADV get Bleach; they don't really "butcher" anime either, and no, Ghost Stories does not count.
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I really doubt that they'll go for Bleach since they only go for otaku-ish animes.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
And I wouldn't really mind seeing ADV get Bleach; they don't really "butcher" anime either, and no, Ghost Stories does not count.

I know Ghost Stories is intetionally made to spoof. But regardless, I hate ADV's dubbing now and maybe forever. I'm not going to even attempt to explain it, as it's all my personal opinion. In any case, they do a pretty good job on subtitles nowadays, so I really wouldn't mind them getting it either, so long as they don't rename it something stupid like "Ghost Samurai Xtreme."
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Please people, stop bashing ADV Films and Funimation dubs. It's really getting on my nerves, and Funi does a great job with dubs, and I don't see much of a problem with ADV's dubs either (Azumanga Daioh is very solid). I think it would be better for everyone if whined somewhere else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4