• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun TV Anime Gets 2nd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smashingrascal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:59 am Reply with quote
I was kinda expecting this but oh well...

New seasons of Ro-kyu-bu AND Railgun now I'm happy!
Banken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quote
Yaaaay, more guilty, guilty pleasure...

Honestly, I think the first season of railgun better utilized the Index universe than the first two seasons of Index did.

The psychic/science element of the "a certain" world is more interesting than the pseudo-religious magic side anyway.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote
Yay Smile Now we can forget all about that silly Index harem nonsense and get on with the serious fun. Let's hope Railgun finally gets licensed for translation too.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:49 am Reply with quote
Excellent. I'm a big Index/Railgun fan (more Index than Railgun) and I can't get enough of this particular world.
aereus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 am Reply with quote
I've always felt that Railgun was the superior story in the Raildex. Index has way too much talking and stupid MC. While Railgun was more palatable with the mix of action and SoL.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:16 am Reply with quote
Awesome. This is even better than an announcement for Index III because personally I find the scientific aspect of the series far more interesting than the magic side. I also like watching Misaka fry things far more than I enjoy watching Touma running around punching women in the face.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:14 am Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
Generic show gets sequel that's two years late. What's next more moe loli shows get sequel seasons....oh wait.

Thats hilarious coming from a guy who named himself "Mr. Shonen"

Also, what is with all the people who have their underwear in a knot over these announcements?

Are you really incapable of nothing else but hating on things that other people like? Do you really think that these shows are made solely to piss you off? Because thats what you act like.

If you don't care about RKB or Railgun, don't [expletive] bitch about them. Literally no one cares that you have a [no].
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for FUNimation to release the first season of Railgun before I watch it, but I've really been enjoying the manga. So I look forward to telling my grand kids to pick me up a copy of this for my 100th.
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote
i'm not to happy about this. seems like they are doing the same thing that they are doing with the first railgun season and starting way to early. like before they may have a damn filler for the last 16 or so episodes. even if they wait till the current arc is finished they will probably only cover 12-16 episodes. - _-

and that's the main reason people dislike it, and the main reason i dislike it. don't misunderstand i really like the radio noise and LV Upper arc as much as the index arcs.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:30 am Reply with quote
NoremaC-_- wrote:
i'm not to happy about this. seems like they are doing the same thing that they are doing with the first railgun season and starting way to early. like before they may have a damn filler for the last 16 or so episodes. even if they wait till the current arc is finished they will probably only cover 12-16 episodes. - _-

You realize that the second arc of the Railgun anime is completely canon, right?
sarroush

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quote
YESSSSS!!!!!!!! M morning has been made!
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:46 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
NoremaC-_- wrote:

You realize that the second arc of the Railgun anime is completely canon, right?

yes. but wether it's canon or not i still think it's a turn away for me.

edit: actually i just remembered about the railgun light novels, which adds quite a few more arcs. so maybe i'm being rash when i assume that includes filler arcs

Last edited by NoremaC-_- on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
I'm always surprised to see the reactions to a show like this. Even without Kuroko's constant attempt to scissor-scissor her "ONEESAMA," I found the Railgun story to be much more compelling than the Index one. Plus, in the Index storyline, Touma is a one-trick pony who's schtick got old pretty quick and Index is a waif with very little to do most of the time. Plus, the political machinations of the various churches in Index have yet to grip me while the Academy City potting is more interesting to me.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
Yes!!!
Hopefully that means spoiler[Team ITEM and the Queen will appear.]
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly more of an index fan than railgun since the sidestories don't really intrest me, even IF they have misaka and saten (they still have that psychotic teleporting fly buzzing around them) It never feels relevent to anything and even if everyone else says "the science side is the most interesting side" I'm sorry, but IMHO both sides are interesting and its more interesting when they bounce off or blur in with each other.

But I still find this good news since I acctually like the stuff thats been going on in the manga, its not remotly as interesting as what I've been reading from the novels as of late (I'm on 21) but its sure as hell better than the begining. Even though the spoiler[Accelatator arc, railgun lens] was cool, it was just s different spin on an index arc, and the current arc we have things I wanted to see out of the series for a long time:

-Misaka is acting on her own
-There is a secret plot going on in the background that involves the index universe
- It acctually feels like a more science side focused story with RELEVENCE
-more misaka screentime didn't mean more kuroko screen time
-it means more saten screentime

I should probably expect only one arc to be animated then we head into filler like last time, but even if we get at least one thing thats acctually interesting out of this show I'm all for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8