• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Banner of the Stars

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azathrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote
Banner of the Stars III was finished late 2005 and the content itself was unsatisfying for me. I think this anime has much more potential for continuation and I have NO idea whether it was a manga first or not (I'm assuming no since ANN has no database for BotS as a manga). I tried googling for some kind of information regarding a BotS IV or some kind of sequel but unforunately English sites are too limited. Can anybody enlighten me with any kind of information whether BotS will continue or has already ended?
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quote
Here's something that I posted to kill a thread yesterday:

one3rd wrote:
overzealousanimefan128942 wrote:
Will there be a second series of [insert title here]?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Not unless there's an official announcement, so all speculation is pretty much worthless. And generally, you shouldn't expect an annoucment just a week after the show has finished airing. Hope all you want, but the sequel probably won't happen. If an announcement is made, chances are, you'll see it on ANN.
Iemander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:54 am Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
Banner of the Stars III was finished late 2005 and the content itself was unsatisfying for me. I think this anime has much more potential for continuation and I have NO idea whether it was a manga first or not (I'm assuming no since ANN has no database for BotS as a manga). I tried googling for some kind of information regarding a BotS IV or some kind of sequel but unforunately English sites are too limited. Can anybody enlighten me with any kind of information whether BotS will continue or has already ended?

Crest/Banner of the Stars originated from a set of novels. I don't know how far those novels have progressed however.

As for the series, I thought it felt very complete. The journey away from his home planet and eventually returning to it seemed pretty complete to me, there's even an outro going with it explaining everyone's faith. If there ever's going to be an end to the series, this is it.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:48 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:

one3rd wrote:

Long answer: Not unless there's an official announcement, so all speculation is pretty much worthless. And generally, you shouldn't expect an annoucment just a week after the show has finished airing. Hope all you want, but the sequel probably won't happen. If an announcement is made, chances are, you'll see it on ANN.

Unfortunate for you, I was looking for help in finding that official announcement so it seems like your point is pretty... pointless. Thanks anyway.

Iemander wrote:

Crest/Banner of the Stars originated from a set of novels. I don't know how far those novels have progressed however.

As for the series, I thought it felt very complete. The journey away from his home planet and eventually returning to it seemed pretty complete to me, there's even an outro going with it explaining everyone's faith. If there ever's going to be an end to the series, this is it.

Any idea how far the novels have progressed? I'd really appreciate a short spoiler just to compare to how BotS III ended with in comparison to the manga. I know the ending for BotS III was implying finality, but like I said before, the anime has potential for much more. In fact, now that you mention that it's originally a set of novels, BotS has become a lot like FMP with novel origins and short seasons, so I couldn't help but post a thread about it. Afterall, the sequel to FMP-TSR should already be in the works. Smile
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
one3rd wrote:

one3rd wrote:

Unfortunate for you, I was looking for help in finding that official announcement so it seems like your point is pretty... pointless. Thanks anyway.

It's hard to find something that doesn't exist.
TheAlmightyMe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
Iemander wrote:

Any idea how far the novels have progressed?

May I suggest that you READ the ENTIRE post before replying?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, thanks to Tokyopop we will be able to read (some if not all) of those novels since they're finally comming over here. Cool

I personally haven't heard anything for anime after Banner III but I know there's more novels than that. If it keeps making Bandai and Sunrise money they'll keep animating them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1