• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lagrange - The Flower of Rine-ne (TV) (allseaons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
It's pretty much guaranteed that I will take the opposite position of Blood- on which of two seasons is better, as this was one of the few cases where I thought the second season was much better than the first.

Yurikano was one of my favorite characters I've seen in anime recently. Normally, a character who plays her role is very aloof and inhuman, which means that when something happens to her, it's sad, sort of, but you don't really care much. Yurikano was very human (well, alien human), at times painfully so, and didn't feel like a convenient plot device as much as I expected.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:03 am Reply with quote
...and once again you'd be TOTALLY wrong. Wink

I guess the reason why I preferred the first season was there was just more going on. The girls had to form a team, we were learning about the mechs, etc. etc. The second season seemed to be a more linear, spoiler["oh, Lan's brother and that other dude need to come together and see the light, oh look that happened, but wait, no, Lan's brother is still a douche (thanks to that close-eyed alien dude) so now we're back to square one, etc. etc.] I just didn't find the story progression as satisfying as the first.

So feel free to correct your opinion. Wink
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote
If I had to choose, I might choose season one as my favourite, I think largely for how it set up Muginami's character, having her twist between friend and foe, and about her childhood. We also had more of Lan's bonding and showing her character. I kind of liked Villaguilio as an enemy. And the spoiler[skinny dipping] bit.

Highlight for season two, I would say include Lan's suposed spoiler[turn on Muginami on the ship, where she then went onto doing a speach.] Laughing I also guess there was some good use of Asteria in the mix, and we got some nice scenes with Dizelmine, who I think was an interesting, complex character. Oh, and we saw Moid's spoiler[eyes].

I guess I rathered the part where our girls formed their bonds together, but at the same time I guess the payoff in the second was nice.

I also want to know if anyone knows names or whatever of that one backgeound music that plays at times like where they did a montage of work in the jersey club. I think it had vocals, but I can't quite remember, I know it got crazy stuck in my head.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed season 2. Personally I think the show suffered from being split cour. Clearly it was meant to be a 26 ep anime but they went and cut out two eps for that OVA in the middle. (I really liked the ova since it showed how Madoka was dealing without Lan and Muginami for half a year before the start of season 2) Then we had the season gap between season 1 and 2.

I really only had one problem with season 2, the arc dealing with Yurikano is really confusing if you haven't read the manga dealing with her before the start of the series. They really shouldn't have depended on having a lot of background details being in that compared to the anime.

@DuskyPreadator

The only song on the OST that has vocals is called "Flower in Green" but it only played during ep 8 of season 2. I think the other tracks that played when ever the Jersey club did something were "Tom-boy" and "Kamogawa energy"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
You put me on the track to finding it, I think it was "Sunnyside", I remember that it had whistling, that is why I said I think it had vocals. Well I think it was well intergrated in the some scenes it was in.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Rinne no Lagrange: Kamogawa Days (OAV)

This seems to have been set between season one and two, and it is a very entertaining 40 minutes. We get explanations of what happened before season 2 started, and foreshadowing of things that were to come.

Firstly we had Madoka working with the Pharos guys in trying activate Midori, although when no headway was made she went back home, though we saw the others working ruins. Quite a bit of everyday stuff after that, including messages between Muginami, Lan and Madoka, even if it does not look like a lot. Lan (Princess Lafinity) is spoiler[incredibly popular with her people, though we do understand what is to come from her brother's so called peace talks]. Lan was also taking time off from spoiler[being an icon by going to a normal job in disguise, unfortuantly she was stil clumsy]. We also see that Muginami got her spoiler[possition special forces, with her bro getting royal and useing his power to take the people off the hell hole that Muginami spent her childhood on], definetly a good guy.

Madoka is popular anyway with the girls, you would think she would have people chasing after her for her popularity alone. We see Midori end up in the state it was in the beginning of season one too.

For the coolest part of the episode though, we find out spoiler[Kamogawa has been completly recreated on Polyhedron] so that the people can have the full experience, Lan and Muginami both check out, seems they missed it. It is quite amazing at the job that was done, they could have sworn they were actually there, though the two of them keep missing each other there are heaps of people also there. We learn that Villaguilio has also set himself out as a spoiler[trend setter, his brand selling replicas of his jacket from a replica of the store he bought it from.] Nice mood for Lan checking the school, nice lol for Muginami spoiler[running straight into the barrier for what is actually there]. Lan finally tracks Muginami down when she find out another person called the replica BWH for being inaccurate. The two planned on giving the same gift to Muginami anyway, so they decided to pick something out better.

The last bits include the sports festival of the school spoiler[being streamed live to the people in space thanks to Asteria]. The girls get a little excited, and Madoka spoiler[leads a big message to her friends followed other student calling to them], Madoka also asks about taking more recruits for the jersey club in space, but what is the chances of that happening. And finishing with Madoka's birthday (it might have been the same day), and it turns out Lan and Muginami got her the spoiler[hair tie] that she has in season two. I think I remember wondering what the deal with it in second season. And she got a spoiler[surprise party which Asteria got a bunch of people to join in], we end it with Madoka knowing she will meet her friends again, and then getting harassed by her drunk cousin and teacher.

It was a good come back to the series, although I think that I may have wished to have seen this before season two, as it was kind of confusing the way it was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7