• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Turner Broadcasting System Asia Launches Toonami Channel

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setsura1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much we are going to have to pay for this channel if it comes to America lol
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote
So where have they been up until now then? What good is raising the dead if all you're going to do is starve it to death again? Some sick pleasure? Good luck with that.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:35 am Reply with quote
besides it just only area is still hmm don't trust area with MTRCB cause indeed http://images6.fanpop.com/image/answers/2906000/2906193_1343318581526.39res_500_272.jpg

all been doing recent years screwing anime besides unless if this toonami asia channel plan to put lots of anime with dubs from main 4 rosters & not the animax dub hmm just to wonder?
TopGunman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I'll be watching everything dubbed, especially DBZ, I can't stand Goku's girly voice.
Chii85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
I just have one Questoin...WHY ISN'T THIS HAPPENING HERE!

I mean Turner has more then a large enough backlog of Action cartoons & Anime to do so...right!?

Hmm, Maybe they could re-brand Boomerang like Disney did with ToonDisney afew years back.....

But ahh yeah.... I am jealous now. Hopefully this will convince CN/AS in the states to at the very least give Toonami ALL of Saturday night.

Yes someone spread a rumor on the Toonzone forums back on April 1 that Cartoon Network is lanuching a Toonami Network here replacing Boomerang. I ask them that question but it was discsion not made by a top excutive and they are still in the process in approving it here, It's not 100% of a prank.

Here's the link
http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?293576-Toon-Zone-Talkback-CN-launching-new-channel-called-Toonami-replacing-Boomerang
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm Reply with quote
If you asked the person who posted the prank, then I wouldn't put to much weight on it.

A Toonami channel replacing Boomerang is still a good idea though. Smile
Chii85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Sketchor wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
I just have one Questoin...WHY ISN'T THIS HAPPENING HERE!

I mean Turner has more then a large enough backlog of Action cartoons & Anime to do so...right!?

Hmm, Maybe they could re-brand Boomerang like Disney did with ToonDisney afew years back.....

But ahh yeah.... I am jealous now. Hopefully this will convince CN/AS in the states to at the very least give Toonami ALL of Saturday night.

It's not happening here because Cartoon Network has very little tolerance for action programming. Toonami only came back because Williams Street saw potential for rebranding ASA to something more recognizable and have some fun with their anime line-up again.

We don't even get weekday reruns of Young Justice. That's downright criminal. If you want to see an action cartoon that isn't Pokemon, Beyblade or NinjaGo you're ish outta luck unless it's Saturday or Sunday morning. They've even jetisoned The Clone Wars to Saturday morning premieres after 4 years in prime time. Boomerang shows a bit more love to action animation but it's far from rebranding to a Toonami channel.

Until CN is run by different people, action animation will not get its' due. Hopefully the next guy sees more value in action animation.

As for giving Toonami all of Saturday night? Not with the low ratings it's getting lately. They had a decent claim for those hours when ASA was doing well last year but Toonami's ratings are getting increasingly worse so far.

It will. Boomerang has been around since 2000, but in recent years the ratings have been taking it's toll overall in the network and to make them better than Nickelodeon and Disney. We don't know when it will lanuch here but it will sure be reported soon.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Sketchor wrote:
........but Toonami's ratings are getting increasingly worse so far.

GOOD. It goes to show that unless you put out a quality product, you reap what you sow.

Instead of giving us the crap lineup and reairing tired old shows, they should've sprung for shows that people want and give it a good healthy budget from the get go.

Of course, the failures will only mean that some low level idiot will take the blame while the higher ups will wash their hands of the matter despite the fact they are partially, if not wholly to blame.
Chii85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Well Jason DeMarco trying to reduce reruns to a minal, that's why there replacing one anime after another and within a week after the show is cmompleted.
Chii85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Chii85 wrote:
Well Jason DeMarco trying to reduce reruns to a minal, that's why there replacing one anime after another and within a week after the show is completed.

That's why Cowboy Bebop got cancelled after 11 years of it's run on ASA, and even though they like it after season one get's done in it's recent repeat Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex will get cancelled.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
Sketchor wrote:

GOOD. It goes to show that unless you put out a quality product, you reap what you sow.

Instead of giving us the crap lineup and reairing tired old shows, they should've sprung for shows that people want and give it a good healthy budget from the get go.

Of course, the failures will only mean that some low level idiot will take the blame while the higher ups will wash their hands of the matter despite the fact they are partially, if not wholly to blame.

That and people will blame everything and anything but the shows.
Chii85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I know reruns are annoying, it can be tireing, but if we can get hit anime propites back on air (like Sailor Moon) maybe a series can get good home video sales.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Sunday Silence wrote:
Sketchor wrote:

That and people will blame everything and anything but the shows.

And get flamed by the Cowboy Bebop fanbois? **** no.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2