• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saiyuki Reload...looking for oppinions

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2Real

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I just learnd of this series and started watching it. At the moment I have seen the first 3 episods or so. What I'm woundering about is the flow of the story.

I can see that this show has some potential to have good parts. The only thing that i can see is that the charectors that are in it have a childish attitude (im willing to look past that). Dose the show evlove good?

P.S. Please dont put Spoilers into your post. If i do see the show I dont want it ruined. Please, thank you.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:26 am Reply with quote
Well if you're a fan of the original Saiyuki,than you'll probably enjoy more of Reload. Otherwise, I say pass, there isn't much to the show if you don't like the characters.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:45 am Reply with quote
I watched the first episode.

No. It's not good. It's 100% "4kids" anime. I noticed it the instant they started fighting demons and instead of actual weapons swinging I see a white flash of light and shadows of demons vanishing into thin air without a trace of blood.

Well, I don't know how old you are so you might actually find it quite enjoyable. The seiyuus for Goku and Senzo are the same ones for Kira Yamato and that Muu La whatever guy from SEED.
ShadrachAnki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:52 am Reply with quote
Azathrael wrote:
No. It's not good. It's 100% "4kids" anime. I noticed it the instant they started fighting demons and instead of actual weapons swinging I see a white flash of light and shadows of demons vanishing into thin air without a trace of blood.

Wow, I have to say this is the first time I've heard someone really complain about the artistic decisions made to a series in order for it to appease the Japanese broadcast standards. The manga can get rather violent and downright gory at times (especially when Gojyo starts swinging his shakujo around). In order to make the fights appropriate for Japanese television, the studio decided to change the way that youkai die and have them just disappear in that white flash of light.

If you just want an anime series that deals with blood, violence, and gore then Gensomaden Saiyuki and Saiyuki RELOAD/Gunlock probably isn't a good fit for you.

2Real wrote:
I can see that this show has some potential to have good parts. The only thing that i can see is that the charectors that are in it have a childish attitude (im willing to look past that). Dose the show evlove good?

I suppose that depends on how you look at things. I personally enjoy the story quite a lot, and I definitely think that it's worth watching (and reading in manga form). While I haven't seen through to the end of RELOAD yet, I have read the manga and seen the first series.

Since RELOAD is a second series dealing with these characters, it may take a while before you really get into it. I would actually recommend checking out at least the first half of the first series, which has been released by ADV. You get a firmer introduction to the characters, and you get the background to a lot of the story elements covered by RELOAD.

~Shadrach Anki
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1