• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mai HiME movie?!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:13 pm Reply with quote
http://www.my-zhime.net/products/dvd.html

This was pointed out on a mailing list. It appears that the first volume of Mai Otome/Zhime will have a preview for a Mai HiME movie!

This makes me happy. If this is true (it's the official website, so I don't see why not), I can't wait.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
So like a crossover between Mai HiME and Mai Otome? That sounds pretty cool. But if that's how it is, I wonder how they'll fit in the characters that appear in both. Alter egos, or maybe two of each? Or maybe one and not the other. Wonder how that would work...
daristar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo, that sounds so cool. Besides I miss Mai.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:15 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
So like a crossover between Mai HiME and Mai Otome? That sounds pretty cool. But if that's how it is, I wonder how they'll fit in the characters that appear in both. Alter egos, or maybe two of each? Or maybe one and not the other. Wonder how that would work...

Judging from the pictures it looks like the movie is going to take place in the universe from My Hime not Mai Otome, so they'll probably have their personalities from My Hime. Arika appeared in the My Hime also so maybe it will invovle her since it didn't explain anything about her in it. It seems this may be the true sequel My Hime fans were looking for. Awesome.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:32 am Reply with quote
According to another forum, this seems to just be fanservice. It's just an Omake video like the ones that came with Mai HiME. Apparently, "Illusion" pops up through out the 'preview.'

Sadly, it makes sense, as there should have been an announcement of some sort prior to this if there actually was going to be a movie.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:35 am Reply with quote
How dissapointing. Anime cry I should have known. I've seen them do this before on Omakes (e.g. Soultaker).
Azathrael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:48 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
http://www.my-zhime.net/products/dvd.html

This was pointed out on a mailing list. It appears that the first volume of Mai Otome/Zhime will have a preview for a Mai HiME movie!

This makes me happy. If this is true (it's the official website, so I don't see why not), I can't wait.

The movie itself wouldn't make much sense since Mai HiME ended pretty nicely, or so I remember. If it's a side story type then it's clearly fanservice, as someone else already pointed out.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:44 am Reply with quote
What's an omake?

So disappointed with Mai Hime, after the ending. It really ticked me off... Mai Hime, to me, was goign to be one of my favorites.... up until the very ending. Seemed liek a very BS ending to me ><
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:02 am Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
What's an omake?

animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/lexicon.php?id=11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1