• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed 3?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flame-X

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:46 pm Reply with quote
This is gay, seed destiny already proved how much of a failure it is. now the director, aka flashback'em all fukada, is putting more of shame to the gundam franchise. i'll never watch the 3rd seed series unless if fukada is fired and get a new director with no RECAPS, FLASHBACKS, OR RECYCLED ANIMATION! (and ofcourse original storyline) =P
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:10 am Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
Actually, Turn-A Gundam is the worst Gundam series ever made.

Only to those who hate character development and only want to see action, action, action. Razz

Personally, I'd say the worst is a toss-up between Destiny and Wing, as they both featured nonexistant, scatterbrained "character development," ugly, ugly mobile suits (I defy anyone to call anything OZ built in Wing—Epyon aside—visually appealing in the least), plots so poorly paced they eventually dissolved into a series of nonsensical "cool moments," and too many dropped or neglected subplots to even begin to count. They're both also the two worst series in the entirety of the Gundam universe in terms of reused stock footage.

At least ZZ had the second half and Haman Khan to redeem it. Outside of Meyrin and Noin, Destiny & Wing have virtually nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:44 am Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
ZZ Gundam is the worst Gundam series ever made

Raoh wrote:

Nagisa wrote:
Personally, I'd say the worst is a toss-up between Destiny and Wing...

Now, I don't watch that much Gundam, but shouldn't SD Gundam Force be the worst Gundam seeing as its rated #4 on the Top 10 worst anime list?
mufurc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:19 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Now, I don't watch that much Gundam, but shouldn't SD Gundam Force be the worst Gundam seeing as its rated #4 on the Top 10 worst anime list?

SD Gundam Force is pretty stupid, but then, it's a little kids' show. It's not supposed to be anything great, just some inane, Saturday morning fun for the lil' uns.

I haven't seen much of Seed or its sequels, but I agree with Nagisa about Wing. That show is an insult to the name Gundam. From the annoying, unlikable characters and their "development" (what?) and the empty, half-hearted message ("war is bad! BAD! See, it makes pretty boys sad! Sad" sorry, I didn't mean to rhyme) to the ugly and way too powerful mecha, the nonsensical "plot" and the omnipresent, unintentional hilarity, it's one big bishounen fanservice show disguised as a Gundam series to attract teenage girls to the franchise. Were it not called Gundam, it could've been Weiss Kreuz #2 with better animation.
Kouji

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:52 am Reply with quote
I've never seen Gundam Seed Destiny, but I saw all of Gundam Seed and I liked it ok, but I didn't think it was the greatest Gundam series ever. I was kind of hoping they would go into another alternate universe series with a new timeline and new characters rather than continuing with the Gundam Seed timeline. Don't get me wrong; I love Gundam Seed. I just never really got attached to any of the characters and I'm starting to get a little sick of all the new Gundam Seed stuff. I just want to see something new and different for a change, but I might end up watching this, anyway.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote
As for Double Zeta, I wonder how that series would have turned out with the original intention of bringing back Char. I know Char's counterattack would never have happened but I think the 2nd half of Double Zeta was still pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Raoh wrote:
Panon wrote:
ZZ Gundam is the worst Gundam series ever made, yet that didn't spell the end for Gundam, nor did it retroactively lessen the series that proceeded it. Destiny isn't the first bad Gundam series and it won't be the last bad series either.

In my opinion neither of those series is the worst. Turn A was actually really good (although it took me some time to really appreciate it). You just can't look at it as ballls to the wall Gundam. It had a nice distinct cast of characters and had an interesting way of bringing in some relics from the previous series'. As far as ZZ, yeah it was pretty bad but it was...oh how do I say this? Watchable. One thing I think it did get right was bringing in new characters while not being weighed down by the old ones (ahem Destiny). Also in the latter half it becomes pretty entertaining. Is it one of the better Gundam series? No. But at least it's a series that improved and wasn't void of simple 101 storytelling (once again Destiny). Personally I would have to rank Destiny as the worst series (yes even below 0080). This entire forum has gone over the numerous problems with it several times, but like I said earlier I think it's the worst because it is void of basic story elements (missing character development, plot twists with no development, still unanswered questions, recycling from itself, ect.).
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
It was never rumoured that the next series would be UC, just that it would please old fans. Which could still very well be the case with this series, so long as they distance it from the first two as much as possible in terms of setting and cast. At the most basic level, it needs to be set at least 8-10 years down the road and feature no more than a few returning cast members, like perhaps Shinn and Lunamaria playing a minor role in certain parts of the series.

And it needs a Natural protagonist.

And I don't see how a new series would automatically be "good" just because it's UC. Gundam is just as viable to turn into garbage no matter what letters are stuck behind the date.
valkyriex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
The worst news of 2005:

1. Asian Tsunami
2. Hurricane Katrina
3. Announcement of Gundam Seed 3
Spica

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
What did we do to deserve this?
.Sy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm not going to be too enthusiastic about this. SEED was enjoyable, SEED Destiny didn't get too many positive comments on this forum. Maybe they should start getting some new ideas? Well, no one's making us watch it.
Grencia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:59 am Reply with quote
May I derail this thread very very briefly for a question? I have yet to watch *any* of the Gundam stuff because there is so much out there that I don't know where to start or how to proceed. Can someone direct me to a website that has some sort of a guide, or just enough information to help me figure out what to watch, and in what order?

Thank you, and I apologize for the tangent.
coldfusion5050

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:16 am Reply with quote
Grencia wrote:
May I derail this thread very very briefly for a question? I have yet to watch *any* of the Gundam stuff because there is so much out there that I don't know where to start or how to proceed. Can someone direct me to a website that has some sort of a guide, or just enough information to help me figure out what to watch, and in what order?

Thank you, and I apologize for the tangent.

Ah, a good question indeed. I would try Wikipedia: Gundam because I love Wikipedia.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:36 am Reply with quote
Code:
It was never rumoured that the next series would be UC, just that it would please old fans. Which could still very well be the case with this series, so long as they distance it from the first two as much as possible in terms of setting and cast. At the most basic level, it needs to be set at least 8-10 years down the road and feature no more than a few returning cast members, like perhaps Shinn and Lunamaria playing a minor role in certain parts of the series.

how about 15-17 years? maybe we will see Kira and Lacus' Son. lol; looks like Lacus is the boss @ PLANT now.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:44 am Reply with quote
Dear Sunrise:

NONONONONONONONONO

SEED was okay, Destiny was more of the same except with a slightly higher animation budget (when they weren't using assloads of stock footage anyway) and with more annoying characters, but I guess my main point is that THE FRANCHISE IS OVER, MOVE ON PLEASE.

What happened, Sunrise? We used to be able to count on a COMPLETELY new Gundam iteration every season. Now we're clinging to leftovers of a series that was very much a retread in the first place.

Also, the SEED series has failed horribly everywhere EXCEPT Japan, and I know that you're not in the habit of paying attention to anything but the domestic market, but y'know, something to think about.

Sincerely,
The Internet
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8