• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Heavy metal music anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unfoundlime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I am looking for some anime that has a good heavy metal sound track. It's for my friend that's just getting into anime.

I decided to make a new post instead of hi-jacking my own post asking for violent animeanimenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19953
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Well, about the only one I can think of is The Legend of Black Heaven, and that's only because John Sykes performed the opening theme, the main riff of which is performed repeatedly throughout the series.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Akira Takasaki, guitarist for the '80s Japanese metal band Loudness, did the music for the anime Geneshaft. This subject was discussed here a few months ago.
CyberViper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
You might want to read up on Kaikan Phrase. I know it's a music anime...but, I don't know if it's what you're looking for. I have yet to sit down and watch it.

But it's just something to research.
DKL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:12 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
Akira Takasaki, guitarist for the '80s Japanese metal band Loudness, did the music for the anime Geneshaft. This subject was discussed here a few months ago.

While the show was just okay, this show had one of the most BADASS heavy metal soundtracks...

As for LEGEND OF BLACK HEAVEN, the actual show is great, the soundtrack is great...

It's about this middle-aged guy who uses heavy metal to save the universe Razz

Anyway, it's a nice little look at what it's like to become old... I wrote a review somewhere, here's a phrase from it:

"On a somewhat deeper level, the man in the story is actually at a loss with his current way of life, he feels like it has become incredibly mundane because he is tied down to a desk job and the responsibility of having a family. But he has something of a rejuvenation when he is reacquainted with "the axe" and is called on to perform on the stage again.

Sooner down the road though, he finally learns that his guitar playing isn't for an audience but for a cause that also bears a heavy amount of responsibility, that spans the stars, making what he loves no different from his current way of life and defeating the general carefree nature that is the rock and roll lifestyle.

In the process of the whole thing, Ouji rediscovers youth and what makes life such an enjoyable experience... but from BOTH ends of the spectrum, his rock and roll and his responsibility as a grown adult"

--------------------------------

So yeah, it's awesome. They also have that song "in the arena" which was really cool.

... right now, I can't think of any other shows with music like what's found in the two shows... Oh yeah, NEW FIST OF THE NORTH STAR is really (laughably violent) and has a nice soundtrack too...

And it also, is awesome. Razz
hentai4me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:51 pm Reply with quote
its cheating really but you could try this:-

find an anime with a lot of fighting, watch it with subtitles and on mute, make a playlist of your own fav heavy metal tracks and play away during the violent scenes.
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Which reminds me, how's the music in BAKI?

The theme song was fun to listen to I guess... but I can't seem to remember if the actual BGM was rock music or not...

Opinions?

SHOOTFIGHTER TEKKEN had cool music... it had nice rock tracks AND something that came out of a Jerry Bruckheimer movie... it was awesome
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Geneshaft has a Metal soundtrack. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1