• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
what should i get next?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heartagram1369

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quote
hey guys, i'm new to the site. i have a pretty decent anime collection and i was wondering what is a good comedy i should check out next. i currently have:
(Gash Bell 1-40, Chobits, Jungle Guu, Hunter x Hunter, Kenshin, Ippo, GTO, Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, One Piece 1-143, Naruto 1- 126, Hack Sign, Gun Slinger Girl, Onegai Teacher, Bleach 1-50)

Last edited by heartagram1369 on Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Check out gunparade march...It's a serious story with alot of jokes placed in. It's basically about a love story between two teenagers but none of them can admit that they like the other one and all the other people in there are basically trying to set them up and are spectating.
The background story to this is a war against aliens that invaded the planet and took over most of it. Since soo many people have died teenagers are now trained to fight using mechas. But like I said the war is just a background story and only plays in ranging 5 to 15 mins per show...except for maybe two episodes where it's the entire show. There is only 12 episodes but it completes the story as far as the love story goes. I didn't like this show as a war story but I did find it very comical and loved it as romance comedy. Graphical wise it's up there next to cowboy bebop with beautiful artwork and background. Dubbing isn't the best or the worst, I'd give it an average rating. Musically it's also average.This is my personal recommendation for a good comedy.

EDIT: Steve what does your post have to do with anything? I'll answer for you...Nothing there's no relation to anime and it doesn't help this guy who wants an answer that I believe is well deserved, so why post?

Last edited by remember love on Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 am Reply with quote
heartagram1369 wrote:
hey guys, i'm new to the site. i have a pretty decent anime collection and i was wondering what is a good comedy i should check out next. i currently have:
(Gash Bell 1-40, Chobits, Jungle Guu, Hunter x Hunter, Kenshin, Ippo, GTO, Full Metal Alchemist, Samurai Champloo, One Piece 1-143, Naruto 1- 126, Hack Sign, Gun Slinger Girl, Onegai Teacher, Bleach 1-50)

I can only assume from this that you're asking what you should download next since you're including fansubs in your "collection."
Nionel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:11 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
heartagram1369 wrote:

I can only assume from this that you're asking what you should download next since you're including fansubs in your "collection."

Either that or the anime he's been buying is bootlegged, that's the only other explination for the Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Gash Bell, Hunter X Hunter, ect.
XenoCrisis0153

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:39 pm Reply with quote
heartagram1369 wrote:
hey guys, i'm new to the site. i have a pretty decent anime collection and i was wondering what is a good comedy i should check out next.

You liked Chobits, so get DearS
You liked Please Teacher, so get Please Twins
ummmm, you should definitely check out Excel Saga, and if you want something more recent, go with Azumanga Daioh. Or if you want something totally zany and off the wall (well, not to say Excel Saga isn't), go with Galaxy Angel Seasons 1 and 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I would suggest buying the original releases of the shows you purchased when they become availible. Samurai Champloo has not had all of it's DVDs released yet (trust me, I know because I'm waiting for the last two volumes to come out.) The Bleach anime hasn't been licensed, Gash Bell hasn't had its DVDs released here... I could be wrong about that one... anyway, Naruto hasn't come out yet, etc... etc...

Once you buy the official releases, you really feel like you've gotten your money's worth. The quality is soo much better and the subtitles... most of the time (excluding those rare/darn dubtitles) are more correct. Knowing this makes you feel fluffy inside. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1