• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hidden Characters, Items, Ect.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dezember

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:43 pm Reply with quote
I've been wanting to do this one for awhile now. Okay, to start
off in Fullmetal Alchemist did else notice Izumi (teacher) standing in the background, staring at something on the wall at the train station when Ed and Al first meet the Armstrong guy? I'll get back to you with the title of the episode later.

And in Tokyo Godfathers when they pass by the video store there are posters advertising Satoshi Kon's other movies in the windows. Did anyone else notice them?
remember love

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Dezember wrote:
I've been wanting to do this one for awhile now. Okay, to start
off in Fullmetal Alchemist did else notice Izumi (teacher) standing in the background, staring at something on the wall at the train station when Ed and Al first meet the Armstrong guy? I'll get back to you with the title of the episode later.

And in Tokyo Godfathers when they pass by the video store there are posters advertising Satoshi Kon's other movies in the windows. Did anyone else notice them?

I noticed the teacher yes...haven't seen the tokyo godfathers yet... But I'm sure all anime has some kind of little hidden secret. Like, for example on Project A-ko you never get to meet A-Ko's dad and mom until the very end and the father looks supiciously like Clark Kent(superman) but that's a common thing to see but what's hidden is her mom is ironing something that resembles supermans costume that further leads to a more fact he could be superman. Also someone told me that the moter might be Wonder Woman because he said there was a lasso in the background. PRoject A-ko is also has joke on other anime. Like, Macross the planes shoot thousands of missles I believe the maker even stated he was making a joke about the number of missles MAcross Veratechs shoot out. Plus, the missles in project A-ko if you notice close enough one of them is a coke cola can to joke about the size of the missles. That's only off one anime though I'm sure alot of anime has these *hidden* goodies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:54 am Reply with quote
type moon tends to do this as well. can't remember which one, but there's an episode of Air where you can see characters from Kanon standing around in the background.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:51 am Reply with quote
Most movies from Studio Ghibli have characters and/or posters of their earlier movie(s) hidden in the background. Visit Nausicaa.net for more info.

v1cious wrote:
type moon tends to do this as well. can't remember which one, but there's an episode of Air where you can see characters from Kanon standing around in the background.

Huh? First, Type Moon has nothing to do with AIR. Second, Kanon girls didn't just stand in the background; they cameoed in episode 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
The Mezzo Forte OVA has characters from the Kite movie (by the same creator) randomly pop up in the background if one watches closely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:29 am Reply with quote
Some video games has secret little goodies in the background about anime as well. One example would be MEtal Gear Solid 2. You can find Zone of the Endors box and then there's a poster of an anime but I can't remember what it was it had to deal with astronauts or something. Pretty fun to find stuff like that in anime and in games too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Killer 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:52 pm Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
Some video games has secret little goodies in the background about anime as well. One example would be MEtal Gear Solid 2. You can find Zone of the Endors box and then there's a poster of an anime but I can't remember what it was it had to deal with astronauts or something. Pretty fun to find stuff like that in anime and in games too.

The Zone of Enders anime was orginally based on the konami PS2 videogames,and as for the "astronauts" you mentioned i belive that was from a cutscene from another konami game,Policenauts.
remember love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Killer 7 wrote:
remember love wrote:

The Zone of Enders anime was orginally based on the konami PS2 videogames,and as for the "astronauts" you mentioned i belive that was from a cutscene from another konami game,Policenauts.

My mistaken then I didn't know of there was Z.O.E game or that astronauts is a game. Sorry, about that mistake though since there still is an Anime of Z.O.E. and I didn't know of the game still love finding that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1