• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cool girls name.

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyBeGood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone any really good suggestions for a dogs name.

In two weeks we collect our new puppy but we cannot think of a good name for her.

She is a Japanese Akita and she is a dark grey colour all over except for her feet and chest area.
I know that this is probably a strange request on this site but my wife four children and myself cannot agree on a cool name for her.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please suggest the Name and what Anime it is from.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I like Yakumo Tsukamoto from School Rumble. She's pretty, down to earth, an understanding person with a gentle spirit, and Mamiko Noto's voice is so beautiful for that finshing touch.

Azusa Fuyutsuki from GTO is kind of nice too. She's a somewhat shy person, but pretty adamant about things when she has to be. Fumiko Orikasa did a "great" job with that role.

I guess it depends on what you want your dog to be. If she's going to be a sort of attack dog, I'd name her Kunoichi Razz.

Truth be told, most female Japanese names sound pretty, rather than cool to me. And if possible, I'd like the name you pick to match whatever character you're basing it on. But of course, it doesn't have to since she's your dog Anime catgrin.

EDIT: Fixed a picture link.

Last edited by Tony K. on Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyBeGood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Hi Tony K.

Thanks for your response I will suggest these name now and then see where we go from here.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Hmm interesting names. I've always liked the name Aya (Tenjho Tenge). You could also name her Maya after Aya's sister. Hmm another interesting one might be Kurenai (Naruto). Maybe Yuri (Dirty Pair/Dirty Pair Flash). I'll throw out some others that just come to mind: Kanami (sCRYed), Rio (Burn-Up/X/Excess/Scramble), Emi (Tenjho Tenge), Izumi (Fullmetal Alchemist), Ibiki (Street Fighter: 3rd Strike and Pocket Fighter, not an anime but from a game with an anime style and with anime spin-offs), Sakura (various series, first three that come to mind are Street Fighter, Naruto, and Sakura Wars). I'm assuming you'd like the name to be short, 2-3 syllables max.
remember love

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Hows about A-ko, B-ko, or c-ko from the movies A-ko project. But guess it would depend on the dogs personality. If she wildly insane then it would be C-ko. B-ko if it's really intellegent. Or A-ko if it's extremely stong or fast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
As far as anime related names go the ones that I can think of off the top of my head is Asuka and Hikaru and Noriko. Pretty much thought of those simply because they're all in Figure 17 which is the last anime I finished watching through.

Another name that's not really anime related I've always liked is Zoe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Excel from Excel Saga sounds like a cool name. I don't know why but I also think that Jubei from Jubei-chan would also make a good dog's name.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:41 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
Excel from Excel Saga sounds like a cool name. I don't know why but I also think that Jubei from Jubei-chan would also make a good dog's name.
How about Menchi? Laughing
JohnnyBeGood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Hey thanks everyone you sure are coming up with some interesting suggestions.

Any further suggestions would be really appreciated.

When we went to choose the puppy she seemed to be the most curious out of the girls. I am taking the puppy to the vets in the morning to have a pre injection so hopefully I will be able to learn a little bit more about her personality.

I will let you know any further developments and of course the final name that we choose for this little one.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I've always thought that Sakura is a nice name; its from many an anime.

and TonyK - isn't Kunoichi just the general word for "female ninja"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
i think less common names are cool =D

i've heard too many sakura's (even though its pretty)

and yuri reminds me of yuri (as in girl-girl) even if it means lily

what's her personality?
Kazu-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:56 pm Reply with quote
ya could use Syaorans nick name from the recent episodes "Chikkoi wanko" which means Little Puppy Anime hyper
pythos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
BoygetsfireD wrote:
and TonyK - isn't Kunoichi just the general word for "female ninja"?

Yeah, it's a general term to describe any kind of female assassin. I was just joking with the whole "attack dog" thing. But being a just a pup, you never know how she might turn out Razz, not that I've ever seen an Akita that could stealth kill anyway Shocked...

I remember they had a male Akita in the Tenchu games, but I don't remember his name. I just remember he was white and his name ended in -maru (and I think he might've used a shoto, or was that from the PS2 game Shinobi Anime smallmouth?).
madlib

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quote
i like kunoichi, calling her "kuno" for short would be cool too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3