• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:18 am Reply with quote
supercreep wrote:

I, too, am a huge Silent Hill fan. I even imported the Silent Hill disc box soundtrack collection from Japan.

I also own Sinner's Reward. Good choice.

Edit: I'm also a fan of Metric Shocked

I was looking at that box....little too expensive for my blood at this point in time(I believe it's out of print as well). Hopefully they can do a re-printing or something in the near future.

I've enjoyed Sinner's Reward so far, the only other SH book the comic store had was "Past Lives," so I'll probably pick up that one next. I'll probably just get the omnibus online somewhere.

Hey, great minds think alike! I love Metric, they're easily in my top 3 of bands from my home country (Arcade Fire and Wolf Parade would be the other two). I'm very excited for the new album, Synthetica. Smile
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:20 am Reply with quote
Right Stuf shipped my Kurenai DVDs today, a few weeks in advance of the announced date.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/browse/item/94727/4/0/0
Eri94

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Aren't you sexy Yuko Razz

[/img]
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 am Reply with quote
^

I got that one that too. For some reason I though she looked different from what I seen online then I realized that it was the same then.

Dr. Thursday:

Kaleido Star Season 1 Complete collection.

Yes I know would have been cheaper just to pre-order the save edition but since I have the second set already I wanted to keep it consistent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eri94

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:30 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
^

I got that one that too. For some reason I though she looked different from what I seen online then I realized that it was the same then.

It is weird isn't it? I thought this too. She looked more...full bodied? But I guess when you compare them they are the same thing, In this case the pictures are just deceptive for some odd reason.
murph76

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 am Reply with quote
Viz products are now on sale at RightStuf, so I weakened and ordered all four boxed sets of NANA. A great series, but it shoots my budget out of the water this month.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
I've paid for my Wagnaria Nendo playsets, meaning that both my orders from HobbySearch have managed to find themselves billed at the worst possible time. At least I finally noticed that PayPal can either do the currency conversion themselves or leave it to my card issuer so I can use my debit card without getting that nasty 3% fee. My credit card gives me a better exchange rate, but it's nice to have options.
Mylene

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote
While I was planning on picking up a couple of things from the Viz sale at TRSI, I instead ended up putting in my pre-order for the NIS America release of Bunny Drop. This will be my first NIS purchase, so I'm curious about how the packaging and everything will look and feel in person.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Well, since we don't seem to get very many Viz DVD sales, I figured I might as well take advantage. Picked up sets 6-11 of Bleach and the third movie. I don't think Bleach is all that good, but it's one of those things I just feel compelled to see it through to the end. I guess it would bother me more to see an incomplete series on my shelf than to sit through what I consider to be a mediocre, borderline bad anime.
braves

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Anime

Eureka Seven Movie (Blu-ray)
One Piece Season 3 Part 2

Manga

Eyeshield 21 vols. 34-37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
Viz products are now on sale at RightStuf, so I weakened and ordered all four boxed sets of NANA. A great series, but it shoots my budget out of the water this month.

It's oh so worth it though. I went through the exact same internal struggle about my budget a while back when it was on sale at RightStuf, but it makes me happy to have it in my collection.
murph76

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:30 pm Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
It's oh so worth it though.

Oh, no doubt there. I rented the series a while back and have wanted it on my shelves since. It just hurts this month because I just ordered the Haibane Renmei bluray boxed set from amazon.jp, which took out my budget. Hopefully, my import will arrive Monday. At least, that's what the tracking tool tells me.
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 pm Reply with quote
TRSI

Cat Planet Cuties, Complete Series, Limited Edition, DVD/Blu-ray combo (with bonus art booklet)
Okami-san and Her Seven Companions, Complete, Limited Edition, DVD/Blu-ray combo (no bonus mousepad, sad face)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, Complete Series, Limited Edition, DVD (also have the bonus metal Heaven Coin reserved for my order)
Sound of the Sky (Sora no Woto), Complete Set, Limited Edition, DVD

Amazon

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, Blu-ray
Bunny Drop, GN 6
Bunny Drop, GN 7
Genshiken: Second Season, GN 1

I am not sure why Amazon is shipping Fate/Stay Night with Bunny Drop GN 7. Fate is available in June 2012 while Bunny Drop ships in November 2012. Because of that, my delivery estimate is Wednesday, November 28, 2012 to Tuesday, December 4, 2012.

I hope Amazon is okay with reorganizing how my items are shipped when I talk to them.

NIS America Online Store

Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland, Limited Edition: Grand Finale Set, PlayStation 3 (NIS America Online Store exclusive)
Occult Academy, Complete Series, Premium Bonus Set (with exclusive bonus item, Waldstein Academy 1999 Student Planner), Blu-ray
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
I just ordered the Haibane Renmei bluray boxed set from amazon.jp

Uh oh. I really wish you hadn't let me know this existed... Anime smile + sweatdrop
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Fffffuuuudddgeee....so the local used book store is having this massive random out of nowhere sale that is all used paperbacks for $2+tax, right? You can see where this is going

For a friend (see, they weren't all for me)
Ooku 4
Detroit Metal City 5, 6 (6 still in shrink wrap even)
Sensual Phrase 9

And...yeah, manga for me!
Forbidden Dance 1-4 (complete)
Les Bijoux 1-5 (complete)
Love Com 1
A Patch of Dreams
Switch 11

I should be good for about a week with new stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 887 of 1403