• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
akamatsu vs akamatsu

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beezis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
well im sure many of you know of Ken's work... but which do you think is his best work and his worst? his first hit with the Love Hina manga and just as good and popular TV series, Mahou Sensai Negima with many characters who seem very simular to Love Hina characters, then there is his unsung piece, Itsudatte My Santa which i know nothing about and finally A.I. Love You about a computer nerd who has his digital girlfriend program turn into a real person. i want to know what you thought was the best and worst of his work.

Love Hina the TV series and OAVs
Love Hina Manga
A.I. Love You manga
Mahou Sensai Negima manga
Mahou Sensai Negima TV
Itsudatte My Santa

i know ken wasnt involved with the adaptations from manga to TV series but they are based on his work so im including them
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:21 pm Reply with quote
When starting a thread like this, it's usually best if you start out by giving your detailed opinion. Otherwise it doesn't seem like you're actually trying to open a serious discussion. As I have only seen Love Hina, I cannot offer any kind of comparison or constrast to his other works.
Haru to Ashura

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Where's the, "I dislike just about anything Ken Akamastu touches" option? Wink

Itsudatte my Santa is his only title that looks vaugely interesting to me, but only because I love Christmas time, and because I like short story manga. Other than that, I've read a bit of his manga and strongly dislike all of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
beezis

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
ok, personally i like the Negima manga the most. why? because it is very funny and all the characters seem real with very detailed personalities. The manga has a certain charm that makes it attractive to many people which is really difficult to acheive considering the genre it is. i do not however like the Negima TV series as much. i found it to not have very well done art and toned done too much to be suitable for a younger age group than the manga was intended. Love Hina in my opinion was very fun to watch and read and never short on comedy while still maintaining an excelent storyline that just made you want to watch or read "1 more". AI Love You, i have only read 2 volumes of. i found it average, not as good as Love Hina or Negima manga though i would hapily read more volumes of it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1