• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Will FMA the movie be fansubbed?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LxTrix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I know allot of fansubbing happens, but does it happen to movies that go to theatres to? Is this movie already out on dvd there or still in theatres? Is that kind of fansubing legal? I want to be able to watch it. When.....when.......... Shocked
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
i don't know about fansubbing, but i would to know as well when it's supposed to come out on dvd.

Last edited by v1cious on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sudo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote
LxTrix wrote:
I know allot of fansubbing happens, but does it happen to movies that go to theatres to? Is this movie already out on dvd there or still in theatres? Is that kind of fansubing legal? I want to be able to watch it. When.....when.......... Shocked

It'll almost assuredly be fansubbed eventually. As for the "Is that kind of fansubbing legal?" part of your question: No, no kind of fansubbing is legal. That doesn't stop people from doing it, though.
Irukichan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:22 pm Reply with quote
The movie will be fansubbed, even though the movie will be licensed immediately when it comes out (if it hasn't already). It's certainly illegal, though. Anime hyper

... I'd like to see the FMA movie in American theaters, but I just don't see it happening. You'd have to see the series before watching it, and I certainly doubt it'd be subbed in theaters. That's more of a Ghibli thing. Your best chance of seeing it in "theaters" is to go to an anime convention that has it on their video schedule line up that has a theater room. I watched Advent Children "in theaters" at a con. I wish someone would do that with FMA movie!

It's probably out of theaters in Japan right now... Wasn't it like... July that it was released in Japanese theaters? Anyways, I'm not sure if it's on DVD yet, but I haven't heard about it being that far along yet.
Berselius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Um, i saw the Fullmetal Alchemist movie (subbed) a month ago. I'm not allowed to give you link because of dah rulez, but u might not like the version i saw. It was camed from inside a movie theater, so the quality is pretty bad, but image and sound. The first 5 minutes the guy doesnt even realize the picture is not focused on the screen so you end up missing the first part. The only reason i saw it was because i was desperate to see the movie. Other than the bad quality though, i have to say it tied things up rather nicely. I think that a high quality version can not be obtained until the dvd comes out. I dont have the release date for ya. anyway, hope that helps.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1