• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Man Sings Saint Seiya theme on French Idol (is that right?)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Here

I seriously wouldn't be able to do that. First You Wa Shock, now this, now we need Cha La Head Cha la.
son_michael

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
OMG

THAT WAS HILLARIOUS!!

dude please provide the link for you wa shock, I loved that song from hokuto no ken

omg, thank you for that laugh
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:13 pm Reply with quote
XDDDD....oh... my... GOD.... that was HILARIOUS... *laughs more* Okay, here's the thing, people should know (even if it's a foreign Idol show) NOT to do something that's in a completely different language than their own. 'Cause, you'll make yourself look just plain stupid.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90 wrote:
XDDDD....oh... my... GOD.... that was HILARIOUS... *laughs more* Okay, here's the thing, people should know (even if it's a foreign Idol show) NOT to do something that's in a completely different language than their own. 'Cause, you'll make yourself look just plain stupid.

It's their 15 minutes (or less) of fame.

Also, can't find the link to the You Wa Shock thing, sorry Sad
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:26 pm Reply with quote
So any bets when we're gonna see someone try to sing a Naruto song on american idol?
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
So any bets when we're gonna see someone try to sing a Naruto song on american idol?

.... and you know o_O I bet I'll hear about it at school. Sad If that happens, hopefully it won't give Naruto a bad name.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote
Wow...words fail me. That was just hilarious, and those judges' reactions were priceless. I wonder if they have a French version of Simon.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:59 am Reply with quote
well, it's not very bad. the only bad thing is he sing a jp song on French Idol. ok now we need someone to sing an anime theme song in American Idol.
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:22 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

You called it, man. You called it.

Here is a link to (I think) a contestant on Spanish Idol singing the second Naruto intro: "Haruka Kanata", and then attempts some Slayers opening.
http://www.anbuarchives.com/index.php?seccion=chorras
The site is in Spanish, but the last three videos are all of him. One of them also features him on a talk show, where he sings the FFX theme and the Spanish version of Kare Kano's OP.

What's so funny is that he BUTCHERS the lyrics beyond beleif. They are not accurate at all.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:48 am Reply with quote
It occurs to me that this sort of thing makes us all look like idiots to the general public.

Umm... even more than before, that is.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:01 am Reply with quote
xanbcoo wrote:
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

You called it, man. You called it.

Here is a link to (I think) a contestant on Spanish Idol singing the second Naruto intro: "Haruka Kanata", and then attempts some Slayers opening.
http://www.anbuarchives.com/index.php?seccion=chorras
The site is in Spanish, but the last three videos are all of him. One of them also features him on a talk show, where he sings the FFX theme and the Spanish version of Kare Kano's OP.

What's so funny is that he BUTCHERS the lyrics beyond beleif. They are not accurate at all.

Failure. I said AMERICAN IDOL, not SPANISH IDOL. Get yer nationalities s Laughing traight.
Saouri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:14 am Reply with quote
As i've read in a Saint Seiya's forum, people said that man is Jerôme Alquie, the same who did the animated shorts about Hades saga, years ago.

If people want to sing anime songs or general j-pop songs, i can't see the problem, just try to to it well. If don't have a good voice, dn't be the clown of the day.

And please, don't remember us about Antonio, the narutard...now that man thinks he is a big star in the manganime fandom.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Efan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:19 am Reply with quote
Wow, these guys both suck regardless of the language of the song their singing. That guy singing Haruka Kanata was just terrible O_O, but who am i to critizise Wink .
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:

Failure. I said AMERICAN IDOL, not SPANISH IDOL. Get yer nationalities s Laughing traight.

Whoah, calm down. My point was that he appeared on an "Idol" tv show, which actually are all the same tv show - just for different countries going under different names. I don't care if you meant American Idol or not, it's close enough to merit me posting that link.

And yeah, the guy sucks. Though I'd prefer him over William Hung.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:18 pm Reply with quote
xanbcoo wrote:
And yeah, the guy sucks. Though I'd prefer him over William Hung.

William Hung... He's been playing the Pokemon tcg around my area recently. I even got him to sign a Jigglypuff card of mine. It's JUST like him to play Pokemon though, lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2