• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Listen To Me Girls, I'm Your Father! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shabaz92

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
I really wonder how the rest of the series is going to go. Judging from the next episode preview I am guessing that the girls will get an episode about each of them, then wrap things up with the last episode.
I'm pretty sure this one is 24 or 26 episodes long
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I wonder to what extent pedophile-sempai is meant to be a wakeup call to viewers about how terrifyingly creepy some of what they do is. Someone like him would be watching this show, and if he has any positive feelings towards the girls, he would be terrified of this character.

Eh, the sad reality if someone like that was watching the show, instead of being terrified of that character, he'd be probably thinking, "finally, a character who 'gets' it!"

Wow, I'm a little disturbed that I have that level of insight...
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yttrbio wrote:
I wonder to what extent pedophile-sempai is meant to be a wakeup call to viewers about how terrifyingly creepy some of what they do is. Someone like him would be watching this show, and if he has any positive feelings towards the girls, he would be terrified of this character.

Eh, the sad reality if someone like that was watching the show, instead of being terrified of that character, he'd be probably thinking, "finally, a character who 'gets' it!"

Wow, I'm a little disturbed that I have that level of insight...

....well i don't know what the fat otaku is suppose to be... Most hate real life girls period 2d>3d debate. His purpose I will agree it is to creep us the hell out, those characters might be 2d us but they are real in his world if that makes any sense. In short he is just a dirty pedophile not a lolicon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Hmm....know what would be awesome? If someone made an animated gif, or a looping video of Hina crying this episode. I just found myself rewinding to that one part over and over and OVER again, that loli has the power to get whatever she wants just from being herself. <3

Also...Miu has a really nice ending card(not NSFW, but still a little suggestive-ish)
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I wonder to what extent pedophile-sempai is meant to be a wakeup call to viewers about how terrifyingly creepy some of what they do is.
He seems more like the kind of guy you'd look at and think "at least I'm not that creep". A nice thing to have on hand if the author goes YuutaxSora or RaikaxSora(not too sure about that woman).
Quote:
Someone like him would be watching this show, and if he has any positive feelings towards the girls, he would be terrified of this character.
What's there to be terrified of? He's played completely for laughs. Given that even his fantasy had him far away from the girls, I'm not so sure he's even that much of a danger.
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
....well i don't know what the fat otaku is suppose to be... Most hate real life girls period 2d>3d debate. His purpose I will agree it is to creep us the hell out, those characters might be 2d us but they are real in his world if that makes any sense. In short he is just a dirty pedophile not a lolicon.
As long as we're splitting hairs, he seems more of a hebephile to me, given his comment about how Hina's an "angel egg to be". That said, 'lolicon' is just short for "Lolita complex", so creating a 2D/3D distinction with the word seems really odd(and in any event he seems to bathe often enough).
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
Starting this series today so I hope it'll be good :>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, after all, Miu-chan is 10 - that's old enough for compensated dating, neh?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, after all, Miu-chan is 10 - that's old enough for compensated dating, neh?

Trolling, sir?

Although I have to admit Miu has turned out to be my favorite 10 year old this season. Not for the reasons that the perv likes her though. Aside from being pretty she somehow seems to be the gluon in this nuclear family.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

That's if she acted like a 10 year old.. for the love of god i can not get the fact that's rin from KNJ...aye

On the episode it's self it was harmless in a sense it just the matter of how you watch it or receive it. Being the person that I am sadly I couldn't put on a straight face and go aww..that's cute, Personally I went well there is doujin fodder for fans to eat up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I found episode 9 to be a very neat and thoroughly enjoyable episode. It simply and beautifully highlighted why Miu and Nimura are such likable characters without anything even slightly unseemly about the situation and neatly suggested that the two are, in a sense, kindred spirits; they certainly seemed to understand each other well.

This was quite possibly my favorite episode so far.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

I have to agree. I like Miu-chan and I also think Nimura earns a plus vote in the most-decent-friend-to-the-family category.

To change the subject, does it strike dicey to set up a situation where a 10-year-old girl commutes 3 train transfers (hour and a half?) through a dense urban area, and spend an afternoon in that remote area by herself?

I would have thought that, but each time I visit either Tokyo or Yokohama even in the limited amount of time I have had there I see kids that age on their own in the city. Most often in groups or pairs and in school uniforms but some solo kids as well like Miu. It is remarkable -- are there any cities outside of Japan where that would be considered safe? I wonder.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
miu ep was ok ep give safe & fine.

give wonder how many eps is series till when sentai going someday dub this series too?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
miu ep was ok ep give safe & fine.

give wonder how many eps is series till when sentai going someday dub this series too?

It is sub only release as of now on DVD, yes I know that's sucks. However I find it go be better for a quick release rather than waiting for bluray sales to die down in Japan.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:56 am Reply with quote
Well...latest episode was cute,spoiler[ the date between Nimura and Miu]. And quote of the day:

Quote:
Girls are made of secrets
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Key wrote:

I have to agree. I like Miu-chan and I also think Nimura earns a plus vote in the most-decent-friend-to-the-family category.

To change the subject, does it strike dicey to set up a situation where a 10-year-old girl commutes 3 train transfers (hour and a half?) through a dense urban area, and spend an afternoon in that remote area by herself?

I would have thought that, but each time I visit either Tokyo or Yokohama even in the limited amount of time I have had there I see kids that age on their own in the city. Most often in groups or pairs and in school uniforms but some solo kids as well like Miu. It is remarkable -- are there any cities outside of Japan where that would be considered safe? I wonder.

An hour and a half train ride to school isn't that terribly unusual. Remember, school choice is a huge thing in Japan and they will sacrifice three hours of their lives to commute to their preferred school based on whatever criteria the mother (typically) judges the student's best choice.

Also, this took place on a Saturday which is usually a half day so lingering around in broad daylight isn't that bad, especially given that it is their former hometown. Its entirely possible that Sora assumed that Miu-chan was was going to spend the afternoon with friends since Miu has shown that she's really darn good at keeping up appearances. I think one of the highlights of this episode was how it showed how perceptive Nimura-kun is. I would not want to play him poker.

Unfortunately, no "delicacy" this week. The way her seiyuu says that word sends shivers down my spine.

However, the two girls speaking as one worked almost as well, desho.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 22