• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Old anime to new anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
remember love

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:34 pm Reply with quote
From what i seen now a days people seem more into the cgi graphics now to me graphics are important but not as important to be excellent. I personally love old anime because of skills of the artists who do them. I like the look of the new animes mixing with CGI and then 2d graphics mixed in but I still love the oldies but most people I've meet or seen would just hate it because of graphics.

For example I've read reviews on Vampire Hunter D (first film) now they stated that it was a crapy film mostly because of graphics and storeline was short (i agree with the storyline part was a lil short but i still love it) but noone takes in consideration anymore the time period it was made in, for that time period that was alright graphics and to me its a classic film that i would suggest to any true anime fan to buy.

Any ways i wanted to see peoples replys on this matter of comparing old anime to new anime dealing with graphics.

And also another opinion graphics are last on the list (to me) to make a great anime. For me a great anime is character, background, and story ( and some times dubbing because it's a lil ennoying if the voices dont match up with the character). But graphics are last as long as you can c the characters can tell wots going on with otu squinting then I dont believe graphics should be held so highly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
pythos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
2) This forum is an English-language forum. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post.

Since you're new to the forum, please read The Rules.
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:43 am Reply with quote
Well, people from Robotech.com tend to have some difficulty in observing proper grammar; so you have to be really patient with him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
remember love

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:26 am Reply with quote
Believe me, I'm not in any good terms with robotech.com they seem to ignore people and not pay attention towards the fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
remember love

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
sorry for this other post.
What exactly is wrong with my post? I only used full spelled out words except for CGI. Just wondering so I can correct myself.
ff knight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quote
some old are better than new but new is also good and old is good to like akira old vampire hunterd old but they are cool then there is flcl, trigun,cowboy bebop, bubblegumcrisis 2040, x old all good all anime is good
remember love

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:42 am Reply with quote
Well, I agree all anime is good. It's just I've seen reviews putting down movies that are old that are execellent don't get the right recognition just because of graphics. And If you take notice to the time period they were made in they aren't as bad as you think but you have to take that into recognition a 1984 movie will not have better graphics then a 2004 movie.
Mugen The Great

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:07 am Reply with quote
remember love wrote:
...but you have to take that into recognition a 1984 movie will not have better graphics then a 2004 movie.

Nausicaa looks a thousand times better than Yu-Gi-Oh: The Movie.
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Graphics are definitely eye catching for me, and I think they're important. However, if the plot doesn't score any points, that's a no go. I recently watched about 25 minutes watched FF: Advent Children OVA, and I was awed my the graphics. The 3D CG was just amazingly relistic, and the animation...OMG. Shocked I definitely plan to get it when the DVD comes out. I was told I'd be watching Advent Children, got that confused with Fantastic Children, and I thought AC was live action at first. I just had to say "Holy--what?!" for the first time to an anime. The backgrunds looked so realistic, as well as some of the characters' movements...okay, I guess that just proves I live deep underground. (The plot was good, but I wasn't there long enough.) Nowadays, there is sometimes too much of an emphasis on the visuals. A sleek looking anime has the potential to sell better than something with low quality animation and graphics, but that doesn't mean the plot is equally good.

remember love: It's just that your post seems run-on, and hitting the preview buttom would eliminate the many typos.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:21 pm Reply with quote
ff knight wrote:
some old are better than new but new is also good and old is good to like akira old vampire hunterd old but they are cool then there is flcl, trigun,cowboy bebop, bubblegumcrisis 2040, x old all good all anime is good

You have even worse grammar than remember love.

Anyways I don't really like the use of CG (as stated in my thread about the use of CG) unless it is really well blended with the 2d cells. That pretty much sums it up for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes contrast between 3D and 2D has been annoying in some shows, although I wouldn't watch them anyway. For example, Duel Masters has a horrible blend of artistically lacking 2D, and not so horrible 3D. With something like Advent Children, where everything was in high-quality 3D (Go Square Enix Very Happy ), it wasn't a problem. Other times it works out well. For example, in Witch Hunter Robin, the STN-J's elevator (erm...the big metal grey one) is 3D CG (well, that's what it looks like) and that works out fine. Cowboy Bebop also has some 2 and 3D animation, but both blend in fairly well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1