• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"Faeries' Crashing"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:58 pm Reply with quote
In Faeries's Landing Volume 4, there is a short "love" story included. The author says that it is a parody of "The Faerie and the Woodcutter" and a Korean love story whose title I cannot remember. While it was very funny and I could identify the parts that come from the "Woodcutter" story, I am curious about the other one. When I get the name of it I will update, but for now, if anyone can tell what I am talking about...

What is this story about? (I would appreciate a link to a translation or summary of it if possible. Thank you.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:58 pm Reply with quote
This is the description of "Faeries Crashing" that the author gave:

"This short episode is a parody of two Korean fairy tales, The Faerie and the Woodcutter...and "Chunhyangjeon," which is an old Korean romance novel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Grieving Chaos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, for the Do-it-yourselfer, you could Google it. Afterall, there's like, EVERYTHING on it.

But, Chunhyangjeon; or better known as the Legend of Chun Hyang, is about Chun Hyang, a girl in korean, but who the author refers to is Chun Hyang's mother.

Her mother was of a lower class than her father, but they loved each other anyways and were betrothed. But Chun Hyang's father died one day; but her mother never remarried. She had many suitors, but turned them all down.

In Korea, she's revered as a symbol of true love and chastity. If you want to know more, either Google it, or check out The Legend of Chun Hyang from Tokyopop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1