• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Whats a good manga for a girl

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Popmanga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:29 pm Reply with quote
My girlfriends birthday is coming up and along with a few other things id like to get her a manga. I was wanderin if anyone could suggest me to a good new one to give her(she's bought a lot of the ones 1 mont and back)
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
ummm... just about any manga out there is good for a girl, it all depends on personal taste. without anything to go by I can't really give reccomendations.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:53 am Reply with quote
If your friend likes romantic dramas i would recaomnd Peach Girl from Miwa Ueda it has back stabing betraly some cute chibi comedy and one hell of a villan Sea pronounced si and her cute chibi cat form.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Monumension

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote
Hey, I gave my girlfriend manga for Christmas once.

I let her choose between four first volumes of 4 different mangas and let her pick the one she liked best (I kept the other three). In case you're wondering, I let her choose between GTO, Battle Royale, Vagabond and STONe. She chosed Battle Royale!

As Weasul-chan said; it all depends on personal taste. Just pick a random title and see if she likes it (or is it too risky for you?).
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Get her Fushigi Yuugi if she hasn't read it already. Otherwise, look for Viz's Shojo and Shojo Jump graphic novel lines and find something that fits her tastes.
Popmanga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote
I got her Peach Girl, that new Mobile Suit Gundam Ecole du Ciel, along with 3 others. All i can say is girls are too expensive. Sometimes makes me wish i didn't ike her so much. I went all out and spent about $200 on gifts then theres lunch, dinner. But thats my own issues. If anyone else has any more suggestions of good ones keep telling me please. I gave her those and she goes "Yay i was wanting these"

Thanks for the suggestions!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1