• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about animation quality in latest Naruto ep151?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick1978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:59 am Reply with quote
I just finished watching episode 151 of Naruto by Dattebayo. I thought something seemed alittle different from the last episode and was wondering if maybe another fan noticed the same thing. It seemed to me that the animation quality of the episode was off somehow. I went back and watched episode 150 by the same group and for some reason it looked alot better. I really don't think it is the encoders fault and if that is the case would that mean the actual animation for the series has gotten worse? Maybe I am just seeing things and am completely wrong if thats the case then please ignore my rambling but if someone else noticed the same thing I would like to no that I am not just nitpicking.
Iemander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:30 am Reply with quote
I think this is the wrong place to talk about things like this. Your best bet would be to go to their (the fansubbers') website and post something on their forum.
Nick1978

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:11 am Reply with quote
Well I didn't think it was an issue with the subbing group I was wondering if it might have something to do with the studios animation that is why I posted in the general anime forum. I also figured that alot of the posters here might be fans of Naruto so they might follow the series closely and might notice a change if there even was one from episode to episode. Anyway if this is the wrong forum to post this in I am sorry but I'm not sure if that is the case.
Efan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:18 am Reply with quote
Naruto is licensed now so to prevent any copyright laws, DB changed the art style (or so I've herd). Either that or my guess would be because they are filler eps, they were all done half-assed to save time and money.
Nick1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:55 am Reply with quote
Hmm that is interesting I never thought of that. Did you happen to notice the change in style yourself? I mean i could still be totally wrong but I am pretty sure I saw the difference between episode 150 and 151. When I saw Hinata in this last episode it looked like she put on about 20 pounds lol. I kinda did a double take...Its not right to mess with Hinata like that she is waaay to kawaii!
patch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:55 am Reply with quote
Efan wrote:
Naruto is licensed now so to prevent any copyright laws, DB changed the art style (or so I've herd). Either that or my guess would be because they are filler eps, they were all done half-assed to save time and money.

DB has abolutely nothing to do with the Naruto anime production. Why people think that the fansubbing group has anything to do with production is beyond me, all they do is a take a TV rip of the japanese airing and add their own interpretation of the english translation.

To answer nick's question, yes different animation studios do different episodes. If you actually compare, you'll notice the style is actually much better and more detailed that the other episodes in the same story arc. I'm not sure exactly which studio did the animation, but compare with the ~130 episodes and looks like the same studio. It seems to me that they choose to use (and pay more) for higher quality animation in certain 'key' episodes.
Nick1978

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:08 am Reply with quote
Ah I see thank you Patch for the explaination! I am glad that someone took the time to explain it to me.

On a side note about the filler episodes I am really starting to wonder if at this point they are hurting the series with these episodes. Don't get me wrong I still like Naruto but it seems to me that these things are starting to weigh down the entire series as a whole. For me anyway it isnt to the point where I am going to stop watching but as it stands now I really dont even look forward to the new releases like I used to. I understand why they are doing it but does anyone know how much more filler is coming up before we get back on track with the manga?
patch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Again, I'm not entirely certain about this episode, but I know that the great Lee vs Gaara fight during the Chuunin exam was done by GAINAX. I'll try to do some more investigation to see exactly who is doing the animation episode by episode, maybe someone else here on the forums can enlighten us if they know. It's also quite possible that for this episode it was the same animation company, but they just invested some more money for detailed/higher quality frames.

In terms of the whole 'filler' arguments I hear, I personally enjoy just about every episode, included the so called 'fillers'. I feel they give a chance show a certain side of characters we regulary see, or give more background developing lesser seen characters like Hinata in this current arc, with her new jutsu.

Last edited by patch on Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:29 pm Reply with quote
For the most part I've been really enjoying the filler arches, though the first two two recent arches (the search for the sound village and the Mizuki arches) did have rather weak endings in my opinion. However I felt the recent bug hunt arch was really well done through out and not only gave some great insight into the background of the Aburame clan, but also added some unique dimensions to Hinata effectively making her into a much stronger character. Also I believe 151 was the first episode that we've seen Naruto become feral in since his fight with Sasuke even though there are times in the previous episodes that he should have done so (like in his fight against the enhanced Mizuki).

The improved animation quality was both noticeable and very much welcomed. You can really tell this studio apart from the others, they're about the only studio that actually emulates the fish-eye lens style that Kishimoto uses from time to time in the manga for select panels. Overall I was very happy with this arch all throughout despite it ending on a fart joke. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Efan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:37 pm Reply with quote
patch wrote:
Efan wrote:

DB has abolutely nothing to do with the Naruto anime production. Why people think that the fansubbing group has anything to do with production is beyond me, all they do is a take a TV rip of the japanese airing and add their own interpretation of the english translation.

"OR SO I'VE HERD", meaning its a rumor, may or may not be true.
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Because Naruto animation looks like DBZ uncut. Poor graphics and to thread starter. go to google. From what I hear, Hinata lands 1000 hits on someone so yeah she's hotter and a better fighter than Neji.

Last edited by ShinobiX on Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Efan wrote:

"OR SO I'VE HERD", meaning its a rumor, may or may not be true.

Regardless of what you have heard, you're wrong and so are they, because if you compare the raws they used to the actual episode, then there isn't a difference. Even if they did change the artstyle, it would still be moreso a breach of Copyright.
Nick1978

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:53 am Reply with quote
ShinobiX wrote:
From what I hear, Hinata lands 1000 hits on someone so yeah she's hotter and a better fighter than Neji.

Oh there was never any doubt in my mind that Hinata was hotter and a better fighter. So many people are all about Sakura..meh..Hinata is where its at baby Laughing . Saaaaaakura-chan can just keep reviving dead fish forever as far as I'm concerned hehe.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Nick1978 wrote:
So many people are all about Sakura..meh..Hinata is where its at baby Laughing . Saaaaaakura-chan can just keep reviving dead fish forever as far as I'm concerned hehe.

I really like Hinata, but have you seen what Sakura can do now? What I mean is, have you read the most recent chapters of the manga?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
patch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I would prefer if you guys continue the Manga discusion in the proper forum, I don't read the manga and would prefer not to read spoilers from the manga when this thread contains discussion through the anime episode 151.

Thanks. Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2