• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question:Strawberry Eggs, have you seen it?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I've looked at the DVDs and it looks good so far... but I was wondering if anybody has seen it and could tell me what they thought of the anime.
Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:39 pm Reply with quote
It surprised me, I'll say that much. It's not the best show in the world—pretty generic outside of the cross-dressing gimmick—but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The characters are cute, the visuals are actually pretty good, the gags are well-enough executed, and it's only 13 episodes, so it doesn't overstay its welcome. It gets a healthy endorsement from me. Not exactly a ringing one, but I do put my support behind seeing it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It surprised me, I'll say that much. It's not the best show in the world—pretty generic outside of the cross-dressing gimmick—but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. The characters are cute, the visuals are actually pretty good, the gags are well-enough executed, and it's only 13 episodes, so it doesn't overstay its welcome. It gets a healthy endorsement from me. Not exactly a ringing one, but I do put my support behind seeing it.

Ohh, ok! Thanks much!
Nirvana

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:13 am Reply with quote
Ill second Nagisa. It was surprisingly good. The idea of it sounded pretty lame to me at first, but I saw it anways and I'm glad I did. Nothing great, but its worth watching.
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
Ill second Nagisa. It was surprisingly good. The idea of it sounded pretty lame to me at first, but I saw it anways and I'm glad I did. Nothing great, but its worth watching.

The title kind of made it sound really... odd. Laughing But why is it called Strawberry Eggs? Does it say why it's called that later in the series?
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I watched the series, when I was just into anime and completely not into anything with big eyes like that, but it surprised me. I think it's a catching series with humour and some drama. I think its a good anime to watch. Good music, good visuals, so there's nothing really disapointing in the first volume.
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Well, I got the first volume. And it seems really good so far. It's not my favorite(Fruits Basket is still my fav. Anime smile ) But I still think its really good. But it may change later on the series Shocked (That would really stink...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1