• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Haganai Episodes 6-12 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Kohii wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
EnigmaticSky wrote:
I was going to start this soon, but I think I will wait for the blurays since censorship just annoys me.

What censorship?

Sena's streaking across her mansion, perhaps?

Did the Hulu stream censor it? Because I'm pretty certain there was nothing resembling censorship in the TV broadcast version.

It was also censored there, but I'm not sure if it's the type of thing to be removed on home video. We'll have to wait and see, because the rest of the show lacks nipples.

http://aisle-h.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mieru.jpg

Here was a DVD/BD preview that was streamed. The first scene with Kobato seems to imply they will uncensor it.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

I didn't remember that at all.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:

It was also censored there, but I'm not sure if it's the type of thing to be removed on home video. We'll have to wait and see, because the rest of the show lacks nipples.

Yeah, this isn't that kind of fanservice show, which is why I was curious what was being referred to. I highly doubt there's going any explicit nudity (i.e. nipples) in the home video version, so the scene RyanSaotome linked to will almost certainly remain the same. Maybe the rays of light will be slightly thinner to show more of Sena's boobs, but I can't see them doing more than that.

.... Or that's what I thought until I saw this:

RyanSaotome wrote:

http://aisle-h.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/mieru.jpg

Here was a DVD/BD preview that was streamed. The first scene with Kobato seems to imply they will uncensor it.

Oh. Well that's new to me. That definitely DOES look like something that will be uncensored in the BD version. Especially since those first two shots of Kobato lacked nudity in the TV version but did NOT have that pink thing to cover it up. Same for the shot Rika at the bottom. The rest is stuff I could easily see just being the way it is, but in light of those other shots, I can see the light streams being removed.
Mr Sinister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Yozora killed this show for me. In my view, she had no redeeming qualities about her. And the fact that they had the nerve to try and make her a sympathetic character at the end? Disgusting.
isoge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote
Mr Sinister wrote:
Yozora killed this show for me. In my view, she had no redeeming qualities about her. And the fact that they had the nerve to try and make her a sympathetic character at the end? Disgusting.

yeah, if this was an anime where people were killed, she'd be the first victim----
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2