• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone seen Karas ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:21 am Reply with quote
I am very impressed with the new OAV series called "Karas." Has anyone seen it yet and what do you think of this new visual masterpiece? I was amazed with the graphics and sound. Sound effects remind me of Ghost in the Shell. Graphics wise it could be one of best looking anime ever made. I just wish the animation itself was little more fluid. Story is little confusing but lets wait for the other five episodes to judge on that. So, opinions please? Wink
logboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:30 am Reply with quote
I've seen it. written something for the site i work on :

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/002342.html
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:38 am Reply with quote
logboy wrote:
I've seen it. written something for the site i work on :

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/002342.html

Cool Cool . Very impressive review bro. I hoped you could summon with few words what you think of Karas on this thread.
I love the guy with golden guns. Totally cool! Twisted Evil The battle at the beginning gave me goosebumps. Just as you said in your review it could top "Innocence" graphically. I am on your side with that comment.
logboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quote
the story is as expected - doesnt reveal itself too quickly, the picture will be built up over the show or revealed suddenly. its a more substantial and mature work than most anime I've seen. the visual style says they had a ton of money to spend and the style is very rich, full of pace and highly skilled animation. certainly going to get peoples attention when we get a USA release of it.... betters a lot of things that are clearly highly regarded and have crossed over to appeal to more 'non-anime fans'. great stuff.
MasterFuu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I cant belive that me and logboy are the only Karas fans here. Go watch it people and be amazed Evil or Very Mad Shocked
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I guess i'll join you guys in the "fans" thing! I watched the trailer and I was amazed. Then the OVA 1 came out and I watched it. I was impressed!! Though it's very hard to understand Shocked !

I'll wait for OVA 2 and see. I bet it did cost a lot of money. Just like Samurai 7 did cost a lot. I Like that one girl Yoriny is it? Well that's what it said so...! I'm really loving the music. Selenite is one of my favo songs now! They must of been working on this for along time, because the first time I saw about Karas was in the August Newtype 2004!

Hope to see more Karas goodness! ^^
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I saw the first episode raw, so I didn't understand what was going on at all. I agree, though, that it looked nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smutchi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I just watched the first episode and you're right, the fight at the beginning is INCREDIBLE! Very Happy

However, I think I won't watch the whole series. I'll wait for the DVD releases in April 2006.
Has anyone finished or continued watching it?
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I saw a couple of trailers for it and was blown away at the graphic and animation design. I really do enjoy when certain companies can spend extra on a series like this, so hopefully people who aren't anime fans will have their eyes open from titles like Karas.

My only question is, when will there be a release date for this?
smutchi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:

As I said: April 2006. They're releasing it on 2 DVDs, the 2nd in September 2006.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
smutchi wrote:
Rozzer wrote:

As I said: April 2006. They're releasing it on 2 DVDs, the 2nd in September 2006.

Oops, guess I ran past your post, thanks for letting me know.
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:45 pm Reply with quote
smutchi wrote:
Rozzer wrote:

Are you speaking of R2 or R1 release
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quote
mugen1style wrote:

R1, of course. Why would he want to know the release date of the R2 version if he's already seen it? Meaning, since it's an OVA series, it went straight to video, therefore giving a source to fansub from already.

Anyway, I saw one episode before it was licensed. It was very cool from an animation perspective. The story was a little confusing (as the subs weren't too good), but the overall presentation is enough for me to want to buy it.
Mugen1style

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:30 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
mugen1style wrote:

R1, of course. Why would he want to know the release date of the R2 version if he's already seen it? Meaning, since it's an OVA series, it went straight to video, therefore giving a source to fansub from already.

Anyway, I saw one episode before it was licensed. It was very cool from an animation perspective. The story was a little confusing (as the subs weren't too good), but the overall presentation is enough for me to want to buy it.

Ok I understand now I am still kind of new to this, and I am an old fart who is just trying to learn a new trick. I was not sure if the people in europe or where ever got things befor the U.S. . I have never even seen a fan sub of any show . I guess I should not have asked sorry wasn't trying to spam up the place. I would like to see the show also . The trailer looked promising.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:54 am Reply with quote
mugen1style wrote:
Ok I understand now I am still kind of new to this, and I am an old fart who is just trying to learn a new trick. I was not sure if the people in europe or where ever got things befor the U.S. . I have never even seen a fan sub of any show . I guess I should not have asked sorry wasn't trying to spam up the place. I would like to see the show also . The trailer looked promising.

It's OK. Things can be confusing when making references between R1 and R2 releases at times. A lot of different elements can be factored into their treatment including the type of release, if it's licensed for distribution in other countries, etc.

Karas came out in Japan pretty recently, but seeing as how Manga licensed it so quickly, it obviously has a lot of potential.

In any case, If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask Wink.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2