• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Azumanga Daioh: Fight!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:10 am Reply with quote
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote
TranceLimit174 wrote:
awesome! Anime hyper I wish it would come to the States Sad
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Anime dazed I couldn't read it, but the pics looked good... Kinda odd though Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I can't read it either nuts and it sounde neat Sad Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
aflimmer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Azumanga Daioh is the anime that I would have voted "Least likely to have a fighting game made for it".
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quote
The only charicters i coud see in the game would be Tomo Yukari and Yomi.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:35 pm Reply with quote
aflimmer wrote:
Azumanga Daioh is the anime that I would have voted "Least likely to have a fighting game made for it".

Naw... A Little Snow Fairy Sugar.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Actually, there are plenty of this Game/Anime Fighting game

Eternal Fighter Zero - Key/Visual Arts girls battling it out
Melty Blood - TYPE-MOON (Tsukihime x [don't know])

They're only one I know....

Anyway, what I would like to see is a 2D/3D fighting game of Rurouni Kenshin. I think it would mostly look like Samurai Showdown, but with some nasty Super Moves, combos, and desparation moves Laughing and with todays special effects and advance programming, it'll surely be a hit ^^ We could also mix other samurai genre anime to build a samurai game ^^
aflimmer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyway, what I would like to see is a 2D/3D fighting game of Rurouni Kenshin. I think it would mostly look like Samurai Showdown, but with some nasty Super Moves, combos, and desparation moves Laughing and with todays special effects and advance programming, it'll surely be a hit ^^ We could also mix other samurai genre anime to build a samurai game ^^

Yes, that would be awesome. A Kenshin fighting game would rock if it were done right.
one3rd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote
aflimmer wrote:

It's one of only two anime series/movies that I've seen that has no explosions whatsoever.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote
it's a pc game. i saw it on 4chan a few weeks ago. it's pretty small, so i don't think they could make a console version.
Freedom's Justice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Uhh there was a 3D Rurouni Kenshin fighting game already...if i recall correctly it waas shown in a magazine way back 2001 or 2002 i think. Its for the PS1 console and graphically, they sed it sucked. NOt only that, U can perform only a few moves...and it IS 3D. u wud be expecting some kind of cool fighting game but it isnt what it was supposed to be. I heard Kenshin's moves were limited to Ryu Tsui Sen and his other battou jutsu techniques. Kuzu Ryu Sen and Amakakeru Ryu no HIrameki? GONE. i wonder if any of you saw the 3D fighting game of Saber Marionette J. same graphics, same crappy game play AL THE SAME MOVES TT__TT
kainzero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:59 pm Reply with quote
The Azumanga Daioh fighting game is a doujin game; it's not officially sanctioned by the makers.
Same with Eternal Fighter Zero.
The people who made EFZ (as well as the really old doujin fighting games by the name of Queen of Hearts and Party's Breaker from To Heart and Comic Party, respectively) were comissioned by the makers of Tsukihime to make Melty Blood.
It was so popular they made an arcade version called Melty Blood: Act Cadenza.

There have been numerous fighting doujin games, but I've forgotten a lot of them... I remember a long time ago a game by the name of "Glove-On Fight." I also played a doujin fighting game based off of Valkyrie Profile...

There are also some "real" licensed fighting games... like Bleach for PSP, DBZ, Naruto on GC (correct me if I'm wrong), Shonen Jump All Stars for the DS...
CrackaJax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:50 am Reply with quote
http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fhome.j04.itscom.net%2Fsnowman%2FHappyProduct-CM.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

It says there's a download for the game right there...But more importantly, here is a crappy translation of the page. But it's better than nothing.
aflimmer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:24 am Reply with quote
Freedom's Justice wrote:
Uhh there was a 3D Rurouni Kenshin fighting game already...if i recall correctly it waas shown in a magazine way back 2001 or 2002 i think. Its for the PS1 console and graphically, they sed it sucked. NOt only that, U can perform only a few moves...and it IS 3D. u wud be expecting some kind of cool fighting game but it isnt what it was supposed to be. I heard Kenshin's moves were limited to Ryu Tsui Sen and his other battou jutsu techniques. Kuzu Ryu Sen and Amakakeru Ryu no HIrameki? GONE. i wonder if any of you saw the 3D fighting game of Saber Marionette J. same graphics, same crappy game play AL THE SAME MOVES TT__TT

Like I said, "...would rock if it were done right".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2