• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: S'more Entertainment Adds Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo on U.S. DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Before I really got into anime, I saw a few episodes of Bobobo, and thought it was fantastic. Sadly, I have difficult with TV schedules (like, I was going to watch that new series Alcatraz tonight, but totally forgot about it) and so I never saw more than a handful. I'll have to try to slip this into what is already becoming a busy next four months, release-wise.

/Funi packed Slayers in pretty tight too, but the sound was mono.
//My hearing is bad enough I couldn't tell the difference anyway.
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Before I read these comments, I thought I must be the only person in the world who was totallystokedheckYESi'mbuying this. Now I see I'm not, hooray! Let's all celebrate our questionable tastes together!
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, I think I might have to get this! I was in tears almost every episode. My mom even watched it with me.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Sam Murai wrote:
Quote:
The DVD release of "Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Complete Series Part 1" will ship on March 27 with 38 episodes (the first half of the series) on four discs with English subtitles and dubbing.

Waaaaaiiiitttt…38 eps. x 4 discs (w/ both subs and dubs)? Am I reading that right? About 9-10 eps. per discs?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see it get re-released and all, but what will those specs speak of the actually quality of the discs?

There is a chance that the DVDs will be double-sided discs, aka "flippers". That way, it's the equivalent of 8 discs, or 4-5 episodes per DVD side.

A lot of the major studios have released animated series on DVD with 9 or so episodes per single sided disc (notably Paramount with Daria and Disney with various X-Men releases.). Daria at least didn't look to badly though Paramount cut the OP from every episode from except the first on each disc to save space.

They could potentially make a respectable looking release with proper compression tools, but the video quality won't set the world on fire.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Heck Yeah!!!! I'm definitely buying this when it comes out.

Dark Absol wrote:
Only if they could do same thing for Blue Dragon and Zatch Bell. >_>

Let us not forget Cyborg 009 >_>
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Sweet about time some one release this
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! Anime smile Can't wait to pick this up. I might even pre-order it, since Amazon seems to have it for 30% off right now.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:36 pm Reply with quote
wow. that only took like 5 years. Laughing 2012 will be the year of nose hair I guess!
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote
TOTALLY random and out of the blue, but that's to be expected with this series! Razz I'm glad to see another company jump in to the anime biz. Let's hope they save Beet the Vandal Buster!!!!!! Apparently, the English dub went a long way into the first series (all the way?), but only EIGHT episodes made it to DVD!

Also, Cyborg 009 wouldn't be bad too. Since they're also releasing Galaxy Express 999, I wouldn't mind at least a subtitled release of the 1979 series! Razz The 1968 series would be less likely, but I'd buy it! Razz But since the 2001 series has an English dub, and was on Toonami, I'm guessing that'd be most likely (I can't believe how much Sony screwed it over on DVD).
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote
S'more website also have nice stuff like 59's Vincent Price House On Haunted Hill with Vincent Price awesome
JuicyB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote
Kind of a weird choice for a first anime release imo. Not interested in this series, but it's always good to see someone else licensing anime, personal tastes aside.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Only if they could do same thing for Blue Dragon and Zatch Bell. >_>
They can't do anything about Zatch Bell!. The show is out of print worldwide due to this incident, the creator basically taking back everything Zatch Bell! with him.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-11-11/gash/zatch-bell-raiku-wins-2.55m-yen-over-lost-art

Anyway, I questioned whether this was going to be a legit release ($50 for 38 episodes on 4 discs, really?), but with the news here, and the listing at Rightstuf, it's true. It's excellent news to hear the show will be coming back here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 am Reply with quote
Iiinteresting first license. If they're going to save Toei titles like this...can we please get the rest of Digimon Data Squad?
geishageek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
I am all for this release. I still have my 2 Illumatoon dvds that sit proudly on my shelf. This was one of the shows I have been waiting for a decent release of since watching this on Cartoon Network (mind you I was already well into my 20's by then Embarassed). I also really like they will be included the subs too. Now, just makes me wonder if they have all the original music. That show had some great OP's and ED's.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote
Finally Bo7 getting a Full DVD release Smile!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4