• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone see that commercial of new stuff coming on CN?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Besides showing some very quick clips of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX, a couple of quick clips of Naruto were shown - one with Naruto talking. What I can say about it is that...it sucks. Basically, it's just way too high. Anyone else see it?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
His voice in the Japanese is also pretty high since, just like in the dub, he's voiced by a woman. Naruto's dub voice is very close to the Japanese version's IMO. Of course, it's too early to judge since all he said was "What is that?".

Edit: Of course, even if the dub ends up great, there's no doubt that Narutards will continue to whine about how Viz "butchered" it.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Of course, it's too early to judge since all he said was "What is that?".

I agree that it's too early to judge anything yet. But I also thought that one line sounded a little strange--seeing as all we're used to is the high-pitched voice of Junko Takeuchi. Flanagan probably has better scenes. Supposedly, according to arxane, she was Pierrot's choice. On the Naruto-only commercial, Ebisu sounded pretty good (at least for the line "ready?").
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I know about the Japanese seiyuu. However, I just don't like how he sounds. It's hard to look at him seriously (when he is serious) with a voice like that, but it's like you said. I do have to see more until I can properly judge the voice. It's only two weeks now, though!
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
Animefan16 wrote:
Of course, it's too early to judge since all he said was "What is that?".

I agree that it's too early to judge anything yet. But I also thought that one line sounded a little strange--seeing as all we're used to is the high-pitched voice of Junko Takeuchi. Flanagan probably has better scenes. Supposedly, according to arxane, she was Pierrot's choice. On the Naruto-only commercial, Ebisu sounded pretty good (at least for the line "ready?").

I don't know about Pierrot choosing Naruto's dub VA but I read in the dubreview.com forum that the Pierrot reps. in Anime Next said they prefered many of the voices in the dub.
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I remember hearing that too

They were quite satisfied with the choices for the US cast
JustinSane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:50 pm Reply with quote
All we have to do now is hope for the best... if it doesn't turn out to be good then they're always the japanese track on the uncut boxsets. Too bad the first one is coming out summer 2006. Confused
DKL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Yup, that's right, now everyone can just do some kind of celebration dance since the show is coming out
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Besides showing some very quick clips of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX, a couple of quick clips of Naruto were shown - one with Naruto talking. What I can say about it is that...it sucks. Basically, it's just way too high. Anyone else see it?

Okay, all we've heard so far are 2-second audio clips. You can't judge the dub from those. You sub freaks just want to jump to conclusions so you can press your opinions on dub fans. Pathetic.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:28 pm Reply with quote
how long does it take the anime version to get to "Haku"? i can't wait to see how Toonami handles it.
patch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
Of course, even if the dub ends up great, there's no doubt that Narutards will continue to whine about how Viz "butchered" it.

Starwind Amada wrote:
Okay, all we've heard so far are 2-second audio clips. You can't judge the dub from those. You sub freaks just want to jump to conclusions so you can press your opinions on dub fans. Pathetic.

Both of you guys are spot on this issue Smile
AncientSummoner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:49 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Okay, all we've heard so far are 2-second audio clips. You can't judge the dub from those. You sub freaks just want to jump to conclusions so you can press your opinions on dub fans. Pathetic

i resent that..........I've seen the sub version and i love watching naruto and yes i AM nervous about the dub but that doesnt mean im going to chop off anyone who will say the dub will sux and those who like the dub better are stupid. everyone is entitled to their opinions (except on One Piece, i swear if i meet ANYONE who says the dub rulez i WILL hurt) i did at the first time i heard the news it got licensed jumped to comclusions saying the dub will be awful and there will be uproars and such but now im sort of curious as to how the dub will be. who knows? it may even actually be good. i just may enjoy the dub just like i enjoy the sub.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:39 am Reply with quote
AncientSummoner wrote:
Quote:
Okay, all we've heard so far are 2-second audio clips. You can't judge the dub from those. You sub freaks just want to jump to conclusions so you can press your opinions on dub fans. Pathetic

i resent that..........I've seen the sub version and i love watching naruto and yes i AM nervous about the dub but that doesnt mean im going to chop off anyone who will say the dub will sux and those who like the dub better are stupid. everyone is entitled to their opinions (except on One Piece, i swear if i meet ANYONE who says the dub rulez i WILL hurt) i did at the first time i heard the news it got licensed jumped to comclusions saying the dub will be awful and there will be uproars and such but now im sort of curious as to how the dub will be. who knows? it may even actually be good. i just may enjoy the dub just like i enjoy the sub.

Wouldn't it be funny if they butchered the Naruto dub as badly as you just butchered the English language?
xanbcoo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:35 am Reply with quote
lol shellbullet

I downloaded the commercial and have watched that line "what is it?" so many times, haha.

Honestly, I don't think the voice fits him very well. At least, in comparison to Junko Takeuchi. I know I can't judge very well from that one line, but it does sound kinda bad. Here's hoping for the best though...God knows I'll watch it good or bad. lol.

I haven't seen the commercial with Ebisu yet.

I'm glad they changed Blum's role to Zabuza. I think he fits that part 110%, but I'm kinda sad that he won't be kakashi (meaning we won't get to hear him as much).
AncientSummoner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:01 pm Reply with quote
ShellBullet wrote:
AncientSummoner wrote:
Quote:

Wouldn't it be funny if they butchered the Naruto dub as badly as you just butchered the English language?

ok first off i didn't BUTCHER the English language. you try typing at 3 am, cant sleep because you have a massive migraine from babysitting 3 year old triplets, and you haven't eaten anything for the entire day. so excuse me for "butchering" the English language, which im sure its not as bad as those other you would see such has "teh anime roxeroz 4 eva" and crap like that. and where do you get off criticizing other people's typos? sheesh
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2