• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rahxephon Novel

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freshkazuki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I bought the Rahxephon novel today but I almost didn't. I'm kinda leery of the whole novels based on anime or manga thing. Mainly, because I have no idea who the translators are. I just feel it will be of low quality because to me, a novel requires a more skillful translator than manga or anime because they involve a lot more style, mood and technique. And unless you're a highly qualified individual, I just don't see these novels working. Unless they're really just hack writing in the original Japanese too like the Star Wars or Dungeons and Dragons line of novels in America. If they are just hack stuff meant to extend the anime or manga experience, then that's ok too. So I guess I'll read this one and find out for myself how good it is.

The two series that I would really like to see in novel form are The Twelve Kingdoms and Boogiepop Phantom.
BoygetsfireD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know that they made anime/mang in novel form
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:09 am Reply with quote
The novel came first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1