• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dreamworks loses confidence in Casshern

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:58 pm Reply with quote
http://www.pacificmediaexpo.org/2005/events.php#dreamworks
indicates it's been pushed back to '06. I'm guessing they were worried that it wouldn't be able to compete with The Island. (blatant sarcasm)
guyverfanboy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness, I already own a VCD I bought off yesasia.com Smile
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Dreamworks doesn't deserve to license anime because they don't know what to do with it. First they screw up Innocence, now this. Stupid morons should stick to their original nonsense, like Shrek or whatever.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:14 am Reply with quote
Uh, this is the live-action Casshern we're talking about here, not those other two anime movies. Confused
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Has Casshern not been released in the US yet? Its out here in the UK. Don't worry your not missing much, its an awful movie. The story is rushed and confusing. As for the stylised action, although the director should be given kudos for trying to be inventive it just doesn't work due to bad camera angles and a pace which makes it hard to figure out what the hells going on.
Iemander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:55 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
Dreamworks doesn't deserve to license anime because they don't know what to do with it. First they screw up Innocence, now this. Stupid morons should stick to their original nonsense, like Shrek or whatever.

Note: Shrek is a better animation than most Japanese animation films that I've seen to date imo.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:47 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
http://www.pacificmediaexpo.org/2005/events.php#dreamworks
indicates it's been pushed back to '06. I'm guessing they were worried that it wouldn't be able to compete with The Island. (blatant sarcasm)

Casshern couldn't compete with a trailer of The Island, it's seriously that bad. Confusing story, horrible character dynamics, and terrible pacing. When I first heard all of the negative feedback I didn't think it could possibly be as bad as people make it sound. Then I saw it, what a waste of con time, I could have been drooling in the dealers room...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:37 am Reply with quote
Emerje:
Quote:
Casshern couldn't compete with a trailer of The Island, it's seriously that bad.

You're saying Casshern is worse than a Michael Bay film? I mean if you compared the Island to an Uwe Boll film, I'd understand, but Casshern can't be that bad.
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:01 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Emerje:
Quote:
Casshern couldn't compete with a trailer of The Island, it's seriously that bad.

You're saying Casshern is worse than a Michael Bay film? I mean if you compared the Island to an Uwe Boll film, I'd understand, but Casshern can't be that bad.

It's all the Duck's fault.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1