• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noir Sequel Spoilers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinobiX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Is their going to be a sequel because the ending left me hanging with a lot of ideas.
spoiler[What happens to Noir and Mirieille after they kill Altina? Do the remainig priestests or towns people hunt them down? Does Mirieille and Kirika carry out the dream of the old Soldats of becoming Noir (have black souls, kill evil, sin for ever for the greater cause; Altina's old Soldats teachings of the world)? Does anyone avenge Chloe's death? Will Marielle kill the one responsible for her parents murders? Will Mirielle and Kirika's past be thoroughly discovered (what they, now known as Noir are doing since they became outcasts)? ]
It's been 4 years since Noir came out. I would think there is a sequel in progress mainly on someone trying to kill them like Saiyuki. spoiler[Also, what does Altina mean when she says, "If love can kill a person, then hatred can save a person." All I know is that it logically has something to do with the Noir ceremony.]
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Likely, the plan is to have Madlax and Noir connect somehow.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:41 pm Reply with quote
I would be very surprised if Noir ever has a sequel. It doesn't need one, and it appeared to me that the story was intended to be open-ended. That's not unusual for anime.

As for the question about Altina's comment, it had nothing to do with details specific to Noir. It was referring to the fact that hate can sustain a person through incredible misfortune and suffering. She was also referring to the fact that hate is (unfortunately) one of mankind's most powerful motivating forces.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maya Natsume

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Advent_Nebula wrote:
Likely, the plan is to have Madlax and Noir connect somehow.

This is the Idea i have heard as well. I hope it is true
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Maybe a war between Enfant and the Soldats. That would be interesting but I doubt it. Laughing

spoiler[Well, Mirelle and Kirika just seemed to want to be left alone, they wouldn't want to do the Soldats bidding.] The real question is whether the Soldats will be wise and leave them to their own devices or come after them. I rather like the ending myself Mirelle spoiler[forgave Kirika for what she did because they spent so much time togather and became friends. Plus I doubt she'd turn arround and kill her after she bothered to pull her out of the pit when she could have just let go if she really wanted her dead.] I'd be all for more Noir if it ever happens though, awesome series.
excel7769

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I would be very surprised if Noir ever has a sequel. It doesn't need one, and it appeared to me that the story was intended to be open-ended. That's not unusual for anime.

I couldn't agree more. It's like it says in the liner notes for Disc 7 "What did Noir mean to you?" (Note: This might not be a direct quote, but it's the jist of what's said). There's not going to be a sequal to this one, that would just ruin it. I've a friend that thinks to this day that at the end

spoiler[Kirika and Mirelle, kill one another.] Not what I'd like to think, but still within the realm of possibilities.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:57 am Reply with quote
Good thing I didn't expect much. I actually thought there were going to be official spoilers in here.

As with what most people in here seem to be saying, Noir really doesn't need a sequel... It was good as it got with the original TV series and I don't think connecting MADLAX and Noir is a good idea at all. Why? Because I think MADLAX is already a hybrid between Noir and .Hack//Sign.
happy_fanged_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
excel7769 wrote:
I've a friend that thinks to this day that at the end spoiler[Kirika and Mirelle, kill one another.] Not what I'd like to think, but still within the realm of possibilities.

That's what I thought happened as well. Anime cry Personally, I would love a Noir sequal, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Oh well...I'll just have to buy Madlax instead...
cyrax777

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:31 pm Reply with quote
i still say the ending was a spoiler[suicide packt]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:51 am Reply with quote
Remember spoiler[neither had weapons in their hands when they came out of that chaple, and both were seriously wounded. The Soldat leader stated "This doesn't change anything, the sanction still exists." ] I believe spoiler[they were both taken down on the way out of the area by assasins in waiting for whomever came out alive. hense the two shots in the distance] Therefore no sequel. However in that disk liner for Vol. 7 the Director did say he wanted to remaster the series and insert blood where it was kept out for the TV broadcast. Now I would buy that one. Wink
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I believe spoiler[they were both taken down on the way out of the area by assasins in waiting for whomever came out alive. hense the two shots in the distance] Therefore no sequel.

spoiler[Except that the gunshots heard were distinctly those of a Walther P99 and a Baretta M1934. Mireille & Kirika's guns.

There was no sniper, otherwise they'd have actually shown that to us, and they'd be using something other than two different model handguns (the two main protagonists' own personal model handguns, at that). They made idle chit-chat of going home and having tea and rather blatantly stated earlier in the finale that they wanted to live on, so I highly doubt it was a suicide pact, either. The two gunshots, coupled with the imagery shown when they were heard, was more than likely some sort of symbolism of their continued roles as assassins. If they were killed, or killed each other, we'd have been shown some hint of it about to happen. Someone raising a gun at them, or some similar (albeit vague) indication of it. But there was nothing whatsoever to even slightly hint that either of them was shot in any manner. Just them walking into the sunset (...sunrise, whatever), followed by a shot of the pocketwatch and the sounds of their guns.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[it was darkness when they came out because the Soldats had to use the headlamps of their car to illuminate the entrance. and your assuming that only the girls had those types of weapons. when any of the other assassins that could have been waiting in the feilds could have had them too. Again neither of them were carrying a weapon when they came out cradlling each other. ] Of course this is all open speculation which is what the director and producer wanted, but on the bases of the ending spoiler[I believe they were eliminated.] as much as I hope not. Wink
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
spoiler[and your assuming that only the girls had those types of weapons. when any of the other assassins that could have been waiting in the feilds could have had them too.]

spoiler[Yes, and I'm assuming they were the only ones because there was something of an emphasis on those weapons being characteristic or and representative of those two characters specifically. Having some other Soldats goonie have the same gun would essentially be like joe normal Zeon pilot suddenly popping up with Char's red Gelgoog.]

Mohawk52 wrote:
spoiler[Again neither of them were carrying a weapon when they came out cradlling each other. ]

spoiler[You're assuming the gunshots were a literal event. If the shots we hear at the end are symbolic of their continued profession, then the fact they aren't carrying anything is irrelevant because it wouldn't have been literal anyway. Just two shots to represent the fact that they're still going strong.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I agree with Nagisa it's symbolism the way it was presented with the still shot of the watch is proof enough for me. Having them spoiler[kill each other or be killed would go against the themes the show puts forth like living your own life, friendship, choosing your own destiny and fighting for it. Plus suicide is for cowards and those two are definitely not cowards.]
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
spoiler[ Having some other Soldats goonie have the same gun would essentially be like joe normal Zeon pilot suddenly popping up with Char's red Gelgoog.]
I could except that but for the fact that Noir was written and played out in a what could be a real life senario using weapons that are actually available in most European gunshops, and no one had any super human power of any sort,or discription. Not every "Joe Normal" is an assassin, just as most assassins who are on the payroll of underworld oganisations are not your average Joe Normal. They may act like one but for their skill and knowledge of their profession, and that would naturally include the best tools for the trade, they are not. Your saying that the weapons that the girls used were specifically made for them and no others existed, and I'm saying no as anyone can buy one similar if qualified and rich enough to do so in reality. spoiler[In the scene of the watch at the end, the watch is lying where it hit the ground after Miriellle flung it up during the fight scene where Chloe was eventually killed. The watch is a grey colour and dimmly lite to show it was in darkness. we can see it is broken from hitting the stone flooring. Then we hear the two different shots. Knowing that the girls had no weapons when they stumbled away into the night, where could they have found their pistols to kill each other then? Pull them out of their pants? I don't think Kirika was wearing any.] Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2