• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Air Movie

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Anyone else seen it yet? I thought it was a pretty solid retelling of the Air story, despite stripping Yukito of his motivation for being a traveler. Even though I can't judge the film from an outsider's perspective, it did do a good job of keeping things easy to follow without getting messy by introducting non-story characters into the film (even though everyone was in it).

There was definitely more straight out romance than the series had, which is good in my book, even though I felt there could've been a stronger explanation for the connection between Misuzu and Yukito and Kanna and Ryuuya, since it seemed like they tried to make that connection known.

I do believe that if the Air franchise has any chance of coming over to America, it might be best to do it through the movie first, despite it not being a definitive version of the franchise, but it would be an easier way to get the series known.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I'll be blunt. spoiler[Anyone who thought the open-ended conclusion in the TV series sucked will not be dissapointed with the movie's ending.]

As a stand-alone movie, it was pretty good (though there was an abuse of brightness and lens flare effects Laughing ). I can see where the fans of the TV series and the PC game might get pissed since there were massive changes. Hell, Misuzu wasn't too childish in this movie; she acted quite "normal". Shocked
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Wait, is the movie just a retelling of what happens, a sequel, or a prequel? Can you tell me howit relates to the TV series?
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
It's a retell of Misuzu's Arc story in a completely different way but less vague or confusing. In short, the movie spoiler[only concentrates on Misuzu and left Minagi and Kano out of the scene.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1