• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Licensing: Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I like this series a lot and I really do want it to be licensed as soon as possible. It's such a prestigious melodramatic romance series that is essential to my anime collection.

What I'd like to ask here is what company you'd like to see license "Kiminozo".
For me, I'm a serious Bandai Ent. and Geneon fan, so I'd like either one of them to license it.

How about we also write a petition for an instant license of the anime series? Wink

So what company would you like to see license "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien"? (That is if some company does license it.)

I vote for Bandai Entertainment 1st, and Geneon 2nd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:25 am Reply with quote
I'm gonna let this one go, just so long as there's actual discussion going on. In other words, explain why you'd like to see a certain company nab the series, and don't just say "Geneon" or "Bandai" or whatever. Also, online petitions never work, so that would pretty much be a fruitless endeavour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:44 am Reply with quote
Bandai Ent. and Geneon to the best of my knowledge have licensed many drama and romance titles. And they also have a good resume of obtaining excellent ADR studios, including Bang Zoom! and Animaze.
For other companies, e.g. ADV Films, I've mainly seen them take the sci-fi titles more, like mecha, e.g. Full Metal Panic, or Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2041. And companies like Media Blasters, I've seen acquire titles which are simply sometimes bizarre and horrific, like Rurouni Kenshin, Mouse, and other fantasy titles.

Thus I support Bandai and Geneon the most. I can definitely picture Kiminozo acquired by Geneon.

*sales boost!* Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:49 am Reply with quote
i thought it was already licensed, at least that's what animesuki says.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:07 am Reply with quote
It's not licensed. Because of that Media Factory incident, that popular fansub site can't list any of their properties. Confused

For a title like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, I can see either RightStuf or Media Blasters getting it since they tend to license rather "fan-based" titles. Though I think Media Blasters has a better chance since there was a rather brief KgNE reference in Genshiken which they also licensed (not to mention the Genshiken end credits actually made note of that).
Kusanagi_Kei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh man. Media Blasters again?
Haven't they had enough already? Ah! My Goddess and Grenadier taken already, and possibly Kiminozo as well?

I dearly hope not. Although, I'd rather have Media Blasters acquire it than FUNiMation or Viz.

Another title which I'd also love to see licensed is "You're Under Arrest series 2". Come on AnimEigo where are you?! Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1