• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Voice Actors for Fruits Basket

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShigureHatsuharuFan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:06 am Reply with quote
Hey, has anyone noticed that a lot of the voice actors from Fruits Basket, are also from Yu Yu Hakusho? Shocked I mean, the first most obvious voice is Shigure who's Kurama, then Tohru who's Keiko, Kyo who's Jin and Sakamoto and I think Suzaku from the four saint beasts, and Haru who's Yusuke. I mean, I know Laura Bailey (Keiko/Tohru) was going to work on Fruits Basket after YYH, but I didn't know she was bringing a whole crew with her! Shocked Anyone agree?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:35 am Reply with quote
ShigureHatsuharuFan wrote:
Hey, has anyone noticed that a lot of the voice actors from Fruits Basket, are also from Yu Yu Hakusho? Shocked I mean, the first most obvious voice is Shigure who's Kurama, then Tohru who's Keiko, Kyo who's Jin and Sakamoto and I think Suzaku from the four saint beasts, and Haru who's Yusuke. I mean, I know Laura Bailey (Keiko/Tohru) was going to work on Fruits Basket after YYH, but I didn't know she was bringing a whole crew with her! Shocked Anyone agree?

Well, it is a FUNimation production, and so they would continue to use the same stable of voice talents.
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote
ShigureHatsuharuFan wrote:

FUNi is not going to hire a new cast for every new series. And this sort of thing happens all the time in anime. It's nothing new.
shako

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote
i think the vocies fit better in fruit basket than in yu yu hakusho
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Really, why is this so shocking? It essentially works the same way it does in Japan, a large pool of actors works on a new series, and is possible for a seiyuu to be in several series throughout the year.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1