• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
has naruto ended yet?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shako

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:27 am Reply with quote
well im on episode 141 right now after downloading 1-144 and i just found out there are 2 other episodes and it seems like it will take more time to end the series so i was just curious if there still making new episodes?
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:35 am Reply with quote
There going to keep making eps as long as people are watching them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
kazumatheshellbullet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:11 am Reply with quote
umm watch out about talking about downloading because youll get locked but any way they are still airing it every wednesday is a new episode except yesterday which sucks they just showed the naruto movie from last year. I cant wait to see what happens next
because when i finally caught up with Japan in watching the series it was kinda a let down just a ino, shikamaru, and chouji heavy episode nothig really exciting.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:01 am Reply with quote
kazumatheshellbullet wrote:
umm watch out about talking about downloading because youll get locked
actly its asking about downloading thats banned.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
takuhii

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:49 am Reply with quote
kazumatheshellbullet wrote:
umm watch out about talking about downloading because youll get locked but any way they are still airing it every wednesday is a new episode except yesterday which sucks they just showed the naruto movie from last year. I can't wait to see what happens next
because when i finally caught up with Japan in watching the series it was kinda a let down just a ino, shikamaru, and chouji heavy episode nothig really exciting.

The naruto movie rocks, but it has no bearing on the TV series what so ever, (ie. not connected with the plot). I'm DYING to see the Naruto 2005 Movie, that looks excellent!!! I am a HUGE Naruto fan and have all the episodes as far as 141 (plus specials, manga and Movie #1)...
Starwind Amada

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:35 am Reply with quote
shako wrote:
well im on episode 141 right now after downloading 1-144 and i just found out there are 2 other episodes and it seems like it will take more time to end the series so i was just curious if there still making new episodes?

If there's only 2 more episodes, than that's it. The series must end sometime.

Also, fansubs of Naruto have been/should be discontinued because the series has been licensed by VIZ and comes to Toonami Sept. 10.
JustinSane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:41 am Reply with quote
Starwind Amada wrote:
shako wrote:

If there's only 2 more episodes, than that's it. The series must end sometime.

Also, fansubs of Naruto have been/should be discontinued because the series has been licensed by VIZ and comes to Toonami Sept. 10.

Shako means 2 more episodes since he's caught up to the japnese releases meaning he's going to have to wait a week before he casn watch new episodes. Althougyh I agree that the fansubs should be stopped when a title is licensed most likely that's not the case due to the fact that there are currently 145 episodes of Naruto out in Japan... imagion how long it's going to take for the US to catch up to even that point in the series.
Dranxis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Well, since the anime follows the manga so closely, we probably won't see an ending to it until the manga ends. Right now it's 29 volumes and counting. I only follow the English releases so I don't know how far along the story is, but from what I've heard there's no sign of it stopping anytime soon.
Nionel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, there are definently still too many things that haven't been resolved for the story to come to a close anytime in the near future, honestly I'd expect the manga alone to go for another year or two
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Naruto's weekly. I think the last one that aired was 146, but next week you'll be able to find 147, and the week after that 148, etc. They still have plenty of material from the manga, and as far as I know the series is still very popular on both sides of the Pacific.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:13 am Reply with quote
Dunno how to say this w/out sounding like a jackass, but dude, how could you think it ends anytime soon... like someone mentioend before, there's just too much stuffl eft unanswered... and theres NO senses of closure anytime soon...
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote
Nirvana wrote:
Dunno how to say this w/out sounding like a jackass, but dude, how could you think it ends anytime soon... like someone mentioend before, there's just too much stuffl eft unanswered... and theres NO senses of closure anytime soon...

Yes. At the rate things are going, it could easily end up having 400 or more chapters. I think it will end in about five years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shako

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Ya at the same time when i wrote it i was pretty sure it wasnt ending soon but i thought i might as well write about it.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:44 pm Reply with quote
shako wrote:

Episode 146 airs next week (August 10th) in Japan. I haven't followed the manga for a few years now, but since the manga SHOULD be a good deal ahead of the anime... then there will still be anime for a while. Razz Though apparently the manga like, jumped ahead in time and is doing weird things.

I think there was some sort of announcement about how the mangaka wanted to go with the series... or.. something.. but maybe I'm thinking of something else. o_x;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shako

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote
i want to see naruto get older really bad just so he can change his sense of style the orange thing was kewl for a bit but i think its going out of style
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3