• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fruits Basket ending?!?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celestial_Jade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Okay i just finnished watching the series... is the ending in the series different from the manga?!? because the ending in the show is making me nuts lol! so if the ending is better in the manga let me know lol!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:08 am Reply with quote
Fruits Basket manga is still going, so there is no definite end to it yet.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
xjadedragon750x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:52 pm Reply with quote
The Fruits Basket anime stops somewhere around the sixth volume (I think) of manga, and I think they have up to 13 or 14 volumes. Anyhow, it definitely does NOT end that way, because you haven't even met the horse or the rooster yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Celestial_Jade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:35 pm Reply with quote
good because i dont like how the series ended its upsettting lol!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
a_lonewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Celestial_Jade wrote:
good because i don't like how the series ended its upsettting lol!

I found the ending of the FB anime a little disappointing too; however, I wouldn't say it was upsetting. It was for this very reason that I have begun reading the manga. I was tempted to start on volume 6 (since the anime covered the other volumes), but I decided to start from the beginning.

Even though I know what is going to happen, I'm still finding the first volumes of the manga extremely enjoyable. Plus the anime doesn't cover every little thing. I would pick up the manga if I were you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Furuba_Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:07 pm Reply with quote
xjadedragon750x wrote:
The Fruits Basket anime stops somewhere around the sixth volume (I think) of manga, and I think they have up to 13 or 14 volumes. Anyhow, it definitely does NOT end that way, because you haven't even met the horse or the rooster yet.

It doesnt exactly end at volume 6.The last episode of the anime was in volume 6 but they put volume 7 and parts of 8 in before that episode.(Its really confusing Anime catgrin + sweatdrop )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
PaRaNoidEuPhoRiA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quote
Personally, I was thinking about starting where the anime ended, but after I went through it to find the spot, I realized there was a lot more detail to the manga that explained a lot of things that the anime didn't. Also, the last couple of episodes of the anime were quite different from the scenario that occured in the manga. If things were to go about in the manga the way that they did in the anime, I don't think it would have continued as well considering spoiler[Shigure seems to be plotting something, while in the anime he begged Tohru to help Kyo, which I don't think he would actually do because from what I can tell, he's TRYING to stir up trouble].

Therefore, if you do plan to read the manga, like someone has said before me, it would be a good idea to start at the beginning. Plus, it's such a good story anyway, why not?
shako

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
wow i didn't even see this topic i just wrote a post about this 5 seconds ago but is there anyway that there ganna make more episodes for fruits basket the anime cause it seems there was still alot more to do.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:53 am Reply with quote
Given the length of time that has passed, don't count on more anime episodes. Sure, it's every hard-core fan's dream, especially if they saw the anime first (like I did.)

The best way to look at it is as a 26 episode commercial for the manga. Wink

I've thoroughly enjoyed the manga so far, and I look forward to it's eventual completion, wherever and whenever that may be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:01 am Reply with quote
FUNimation keeps trying to rally fans in America to show how much they want more Fruits Basket anime, but I dunno if that'd be enough to make the studios make more. Razz

It's really popular here, but how's it doing in Japan? Since it's still running I'd imagine it's still liked, but I just wonder how much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
heavans_gaurd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:30 pm Reply with quote
xjadedragon750x wrote:

I know that sucks and i waz born in the year of the rooster!But i love the manga.I've only read to the 8 book and i'll keep going and i'm probably going to get the whole series for my b-day!(in 7 days!!!)
fruitsbasket1991

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:49 pm Reply with quote
xjadedragon750x wrote:

the volumes end @vol.16 and episodes ens @#26 i dont think the ending will b the same for instance tohru is looking 4 a cure to the curse of the zodiac animals.

did u like the episodes of fruits basket??? It was kind of confuzing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Criminalist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:47 am Reply with quote
I think the anime shows more of the relationship between Kyo, Yuki and Tohru. The way I see it as the anime is Yuki's and Kyo's version of the story and the manga is Tohru's. But I love both, but the anime could really use some awesome mini-special back or something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:39 pm Reply with quote
fruitsbasket1991 wrote:

the volumes end @vol.16 and episodes ens @#26 i don't think the ending will b the same for instance tohru is looking 4 a cure to the curse of the zodiac animals.

dude, there's more than 16 volumes of the manga, altho 16 volumes are all that's scanlated. in Japan they're in the triple digit chapter count, 16 only gets up to the mid 90's for the chapter count.
Advent_Nebula

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:57 pm Reply with quote
xjadedragon750x wrote:

The anime stops arund the mid point of Volume 8.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2