• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
favorite endings

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shako

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:28 am Reply with quote
well one of my favorite endings in an anime i think are parallel duel because spoiler[everyone is happy and how the worlds fused ] and chrno crusade because of spoiler[how they died together like that it wasnt a traditional happy ending but even though it was sad it was still good]
final sage of fantas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:40 pm Reply with quote
This isnt a good topic because it well just be spoiler tags. (I did a topic like this)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Majin Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:13 am Reply with quote
I don't care if it is a spoiler I'm telling my favorite ending DAMN'IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!I like the ending to Rurouni Kenshin how [spoiler] Surprised [/spoiler]

Last edited by Majin Dillon on Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:45 am Reply with quote
Majin Dillon wrote:
I don't care if it is a spoiler I'm telling my favorite ending DAMN'IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to have a major attitude or maturity problem, judging by this and your other posts on the forums. Rules are rules; use spoiler tags.

Majin Dillon wrote:
I like the ending to Rurouni Kenshin how Kenshin dies and on the credits Kaoru says his spirit will live on,and then it shows there son Kenji with the woman he loves walking though the cherry blossom forest. Wink

Luckily, you aren't spoiling anything of worth, however. Just so you know, the Reflection OVA is not considered canon (factual to the story, in other words), and has even been publicly denounced by the original author of Rurouni Kenshin. Not to mention it's a heaping piece of crap in its own right for all the shoddy, overly melodramatic storytelling, the absolute butchery of the manga's (rather masterful) Jinchuu Arc, and the fact that not a single character in it is true to their manga/TV series personality. Out-of-character writing for the sake of cheap angst, bad, bad, bad. That's what second-rate fanfiction authors do; it shouldn't be cropping up in big budget OVAs like this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
msi435

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote
Majin Dillon wrote:
I don't care if it is a spoiler I'm telling my favorite ending DAMN'IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!spoiler[I like the ending to Rurouni Kenshin how Kenshin dies and on the credits Kaoru says his spirit will live on,and then it shows there son Kenji with the woman he loves walking though the cherry blossom forest. Wink]

Wow I think your so awesome being a rebel like that. Purposely ruining the ending of kenshin for everyone, you’re just so cool! Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I like the ending to Rurouni Kenshin...

I gave away that very same ending on this forum a year or so ago. But before that time, there were no spoiler tags. Now that they're here, use them. You wouldn't want somebody spoiling the ending of a show you're looking forward to.
Back OT, my favorite ending of all time is RahXephon. In my many years of Anime fandom, I've yet to find an ending that comes so close to perfect. Macross Zero is a close second.
shako

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote
i know im the one that started this post but i was kinda thinking people know how to use spoiler tags and now the ending is ruined for me and its kinda my own fault
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
aby01 wrote:
the ending of Rurouni Kenshin is in the OVA´s, right?

Nope. Well, not the PROPER ending, anyway. I just went through all this a couple posts ago, do please read the entire thread next time before replying.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Well, on with the topic...

I'm lovin' either Full Moon Wo Sagashite's ending or Elfen Lied's ending...

FUll Moon's ending was surprising, yet VERY satisfying for me... Dont know what else to say...

Elfen Lied... oh man... many are left unsatisfied, but that feeling of WHAT?@?@?!?!?! is so amazing in many ways. The sudden ending... I dont think anything could've been better...
aby01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
final sage of fantas wrote:
I quess i'll tell mine Cowboy Bebops was cool Cool

yes! u´re right. i had forgotten this ending... well... now i think i like the same way the ending of FMA and the ending of Cowboy Bebop. thinking it twice, i would choose FMA, but the other is very cool!
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote
I actually really liked the ending to Wolf's Rain, referring of course to the OAV, although I see them all as a single series especially since I have the domestic releases which don't make the distinction.

The ending was just perfectly fitting and the implications of the final sequence were rather poetic as well though from what I've read and seen it tends to go over many peoples heads.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KyoKun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:18 pm Reply with quote
msi435 wrote:
Majin Dillon wrote:
I don't care if it is a spoiler I'm telling my favorite ending DAMN'IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!spoiler[I like the ending to Rurouni Kenshin how Kenshin dies and on the credits Kaoru says his spirit will live on,and then it shows there son Kenji with the woman he loves walking though the cherry blossom forest. Wink]

Wow I think your so awesome being a rebel like that. Purposely ruining the ending of kenshin for everyone, you’re just so cool! Shocked

msi435 i just wanna point out that has to be the funniest sarcastic remarks I have herd in a while! lol.

my favorite ending would have to be the whole dragonball series, just because i FINALLY ENDED!
Anime_Fever

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Ahh man, I was scrolling down and Nagisa quoted the dude that didn't use a spoiler tag, and Nagisa didn't tag it in his own post, so it just ruined it for me... Crying or Very sad

I can't believe spoiler[Kenshin actually dies]. How spoiler[does he die]? And does spoiler[he ever get with Kaoru]?
FullMetal52
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Well i know which one is not my favorite ending... the ending of Evangelion...I was a fan of the show and the ending was a smack in the face...then the movie kicked me when i was down...how could show go so wrong...I mean the last two episodes of Evangelion were painfully boring and made so little sense...then the movie "End Of Evangelion" overwrote those episodes and gave another ending so bad a part of me died inside...I think a good ending sequence would be the one from the end of episode 26 were they showed a spoiler[world without the Evas]...I also think that Shinji should have hooked up...come on it was building up throught the series...I mean Misato liked him and she was available...jk jk................

P.S. the begining of the movie was good up to the movie episode 26. Be sides the series was great...
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Bebop is my favorite anime ending. I also liked the ending to Reflections.

As to Reflections not being canon and being denounced, this may be true, but it doesn't lessen the fact that Reflections features a much better and much more logical ending to the series. I suspect that the main source of whining over Reflections is that the fanboys can't believe spoiler[that their precious Kenshin died]. The ending was sad, but it fit the character of Kenshin well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2