• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
where can i buy an monkey d luffy cosplay or detective conan

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru393

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote
i am going to an anime convention and i want to go as luffy or detective conan but i cant find there cosplay where can i get them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TranceLimit174

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:26 pm Reply with quote
You could always try to make the costume yourself. Either one wouldn't be too difficult. You could try finding a similar red shirt and cutting off the sleeves and tailoring the bottom of it to look like his. Or even a simple vest would work. And for his pants you could just roll up some long jean shorts or jean pants. Then add sandals and a straw hat and there ya go. Conan just requires some shorts, a blazer, and a collared white shirt and a red bowtie. Both characters are pretty easy to cosplay as. Its all a matter of clothes shopping really and making small adjustments. But making a cosplay outfit definitley isn't cheap if you want to look decent.
hikaru393

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:03 pm Reply with quote
would it be cheaper to buy one or make one and where is a site where i can buy the cosplay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Laruto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Dude do you realize you have two easy characters to dress up like without spending too much money; For Luffy all you need is a long blue shorts that you can role up, a red vest, slippers, a straw hat and a red banner to go around it. Ditective Conan just get some big glasses, dress suit with shorts and vest and your good to go, that if you don't have black hair you can dye it or buy a black wig, also you need lots of pens!
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Laruto wrote:
Ditective Conan just get some big glasses, dress suit with shorts and vest and your good to go, that if you don't have black hair you can dye it or buy a black wig, also you need lots of pens!
Don't forget the bow tie! Anime smile And that chunk of hair sticking up in the back. Seriously though, it's easier and possibly cheaper to just make a costume than to spend the time looking for one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1