• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Magic Knight Rayearth Economy Box

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Anyone bought this yet? I already have the original boxset, but this one comes with an extra disc... As a huge Rayearth fan, I'm definitely willing to buy this even though I already own the same episodes. But before I decide to definitely get it, I wanted to see if anyone could tell me the details about the set (like packaging) and the disc content (both the series and the extra one). ^^

Amazon link

^ This thing. Anime hyper There's apparently a second season version coming out in August too, which I'll get if there's extras.. Otherwise, the gorgeous second season box they originally released can sit happily on its shelf without a duplicate. :X
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I can tell you I really want one. But, I thought it was a little cheap for the whole first season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:23 pm Reply with quote
That is a neat username. Very Happy

Well yeah, "economy".. The original first season release was a little over $100. I bought both season boxsets with Amazon.com gift certificates in the past... If these new sets have a good amount of bonus material and nice packaging, I'll do my duty as a consumer whore and buy 'em both. But probably with gift certificates from this upcoming Christmas/birthday. Anime hyper

Maybe I should hold out on Mahou Tsukai Tai's boxset and see if they do an economy one for that too. >_>
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Michi wrote:

Yeah, it's from the .hack game series. Elk's favorite rare item. Wink
Oh that's off topic. Sad
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
Michi wrote:

Yeah, it's from the .hack game series. Elk's favorite rare item. Wink
Oh that's off topic. Sad

I know it is. Anime hyper That's why I like it.

Uhhhmmm how about Mia likes it too, and Mia is voiced by Minami Takayama, and she does Ascot in Rayearth. :OOOOO ....Yeah that was sad.

The new MKR set just came out last week but I used my money on the Mosquiton DVD that came out at the same time. I hope someone out there will review it soon. >< *keeps eye on animeondvd.com*
demonix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:26 am Reply with quote
I just got this in the post this morning I'd have to say that if you've allready got the original box set you shouldn't get this as the bonus DVD only has 2 interviews on it (one at 30 minutes and one at 15 minutes) but the content on the other discs will be the same as the standars versions.
Nionel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Sorry to bump up an old topic, but I'm a bit curious about this show. I just saw the Rayearth Economy Box at Best Buy today for $29.99 and I was wondering if the show would warrant a pickup, it's definently in my price rage but I'm wondering more around how good the show is...

If it makes any difference, I've yet to see a CLAMP show I haven't liked (I've seen CCS, Chobits, Tokyo Babylon, and am currently watching Tsubasa Chronicle) so a little input would be nice, thanks in advance
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Nionel wrote:
I was wondering if the show would warrant a pickup

Yes.
Nionel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:12 am Reply with quote
Summed up in one word, I like that Wink

Anyway, I guess I'll have to grab this one up when I'm over at Best Buy again
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1