• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Q] Regarding the discussion of hentai here

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Greetings and felicitations. I've read Teh Rules, specifically:

tempest wrote:
7) Abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-charged, dangerous or illegal material will be removed from the forum by moderators.

I am still left wondering if (mature) discussion of hentai is allowed. (I have a question to ask, which involves posting a number of official H sites, but want to check before I do so.)
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Links to it will most likely be deleted. I'm pretty sure you can only talk about it in a general nature here, no specifics or in depth descriptions of what goes on in a title, a mod could tell you more though.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:30 pm Reply with quote
You've only to look at the number of titles missing from the otherwise comprehensive encyclopedia to see that ANN is somewhat sex-negative, but on the other hand how much intelligent discussion is it possible to have about the majority of H titles?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, about all I can think of is the thread we had a little while ago about how women seem to get blackmailed, raped, and otherwise brutalized way too offen, which actually stayed civil for the most part. I suggest finding and taking a look at that one for what you can and can't do.

There are lots of hentai titles in the database it's just nobody wants to admit they've seen them or provide any information on them especially the "plots". Laughing
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quote
You guys want to see a good hentai series? Watch Suika, NOW!

There are love scenes that are very intimate, but the whole sex is not the whole focus. Hell, if you take out the sex, you still get three very good stories that had me in tears (yea, I'm a sap Embarassed ).

It seems like the reviews on AnimeOnDVD takes hentai reviews very seriously. Confused
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Indeed, about all I can think of is the thread we had a little while ago about how women seem to get blackmailed, raped, and otherwise brutalized way too offen, which actually stayed civil for the most part. I suggest finding and taking a look at that one for what you can and can't do.

Will do.
Kruszer wrote:
There are lots of hentai titles in the database it's just nobody wants to admit they've seen them or provide any information on them especially the "plots". :lol:

I'll admit to having seen a fair number (large swaths of Cream Lemon, for instance--most of which in not listed in the Encyclopedia), but I'm lazy about entering in plots. Numbers of episodes, vintage, alternate titles and running times are my bread and butter.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:03 pm Reply with quote
The only one out of five I've seen that wasn't bad was Love is the Number of Keys. Not a big fan of the genre as whole as most of what I've seen contains the things I listed earlier which I don't care for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1