• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ms. Answerman didn't answer my question!!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sicgamer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:36 pm Reply with quote
What the hell? I'm the guy that sent in the Berserk series question. I'm seriously wondering about it, since I have no idea. Will there be a second season? Ever???
.Sy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Probably not, unless the Japanese company decides its popular enough to spend money on making another series. Once a series has one season and the series is marked as done, it's rare another will be made.
cardcaptormanda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:48 pm Reply with quote
You’re probably somewhat new here, otherwise you’d know that it’s kind of a pet-peeve of hers to be asked the same questions over and over and over. She gets that question all the time, in fact, it’s kind of a running joke in Ms. Answerman’s columns, and in Answerman’s columns before hers. Before you send her a question, you really should do a search of past columns, since a quick search of previous Answerman columns would have already answered your question quite nicely.
The answer is, “No, probably not. But maybe.” Everyone said there wouldn’t be anymore Hellsing, and look what happened to that. She’s not psychic; if no plans have been announced, then all she can do is assume that no plans are going to be announced. If plans had been announced, ANN would have had an article about it, which you also could have done a search on.
GospelX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
You try checking out the backlogs of the Answerman stuff? The question shows up once a year.
ActiveX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I too don't believe there will be a second season of Berserk. AnimeNfo says 25 episodes but there was a 26th episode. I believe Berserk lost motivation in Japan so they stopped making new episodes and tried to market the ones they already had over in other countries. The story doesn't come to a complete end so I believe in the begining they intended to have a second series but stopped due to some reason(s). Unless you could prove to the Japanese producers of the anime (which is quite hard to do) that the anime would do great, they will most likely not pick up the series again.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quote
GospelX wrote:
You try checking out the backlogs of the Answerman stuff? The question shows up once a year.

More like once every other month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
GospelX wrote:

To generalize even more, the, "Will there be a second season of [insert title here]?" question probably shows up in her mialbox twice a day.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
GospelX wrote:

To generalize even more, the, "Will there be a second season of [insert title here]?" question probably shows up in her mialbox twice a day.

More like every 5.46 hours.
sicgamer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:05 am Reply with quote
I get it!!! I'll never ask another Berserk question as long as I live! Let this post die already.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:51 am Reply with quote
sicgamer wrote:
I get it!!! I'll never ask another Berserk question as long as I live! Let this post die already.

No, we thought we'd mess about with you some more. It's been a slow week, and we're bored.

-abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1