• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who's your favorite Band of Seven from Inuyasha?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Since there are new episodes of Inuyasha, I want to see the most popular character from the Band of Seven. My favorite so far is Bankotsu.

Oh, I also barely know anything about anime forums, so anyone generous enough can give me some tips on what to usually post.
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Moto wrote:
Oh, I also barely know anything about anime forums, so anyone generous enough can give me some tips on what to usually post.

First of all, be sure to look over these. They're the rules for this forum. If you make sure to follow them to the best of your ability, I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll offer some additional advice based on what I've seen in the trend of your posts: 1. Most of your posts should probably come from something you have to say in response to somebody else's topic as opposed to constantly creating your own. 2. Don't just limit yourself to the anime forum. There are plenty of great things to discuss in Talkback, manga and music. 3. When you create a post, word it in a way you would say something to a friend in real life as opposed to something you would say in a chat room. You'll find that you're much more intelligible that way.
Hope that helps!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:17 pm Reply with quote
"Band of Seven?" Is that what they're being called in the dub? Or maybe I just forgot what Shichinintai translated to...

Anway, they're OK as a group. I don't really like any of them as villains, aside from Bankotsu, but only because he has giant sword, can fight, has a cunning personality, and the (Japanese) voice of Trunks.

Moto wrote:

Well I'm sure you've at least read "Teh Rules".

As for what to post, people are usually advised to not post what are ocassionally referred to as "cosmo threads."

Questions like "what's your favorite [blah blah blah]" are not recommended because they usually don't generate any kind of worthwhile discussion.

The site also does not permit the posting or linking of fansubs or other related media (read "Teh Rules").

Basically, you can post whatever you want so long as it isn't too broad and general that you can just answer it in one or two sentences.

I know you're young, but life is one big learning process, so I and the other users will do our best to help you around when you need it Wink.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much I dislike them all, the entire story story arc is just filler in an already over-bloated series. I so want the story to actaully start going somewhere. Mad
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
"Band of Seven?" Is that what they're being called in the dub? Or maybe I just forgot what Shichinintai translated to...

It basically means something like "seven person regiment/company/party/squad." Band Of Seven is just a catchier way of translating it to English.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:31 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
It basically means something like "seven person regiment/company/party/squad." Band Of Seven is just a catchier way of translating it to English.

Ah~ thanks for the reminder. It's just that when I hear "Band," I usually think of music, as in marching band or rock group. Guess I've been listening to too much BECK... Razz.
mitora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:59 am Reply with quote
ShellBullet wrote:
Pretty much I dislike them all, the entire story story arc is just filler in an already over-bloated series. I so want the story to actaully start going somewhere.

Really? I like most of them; you have to admit that they are very unique characters. Wink

Last edited by mitora on Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:43 am Reply with quote
mitora wrote:
ShellBullet wrote:
Pretty much I dislike them all, the entire story story arc is just filler in an already over-bloated series. I so want the story to actaully start going somewhere.

Really? I like most of them, you have to admit they sure very unique characters. Wink Oh and please try and check your spelling before you post. Rolling Eyes

Do you really want him to check his grammar for a simple typo when you're using phrases like "they sure very unique," and are copying his mistake of placing a comma where a semicolon ought to go?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:19 am Reply with quote
mitora wrote:
ShellBullet wrote:

Really? I like most of them, you have to admit they sure very unique characters. Wink Oh and please try and check your spelling before you post. Rolling Eyes

The kettle calling the pot black...
mitora

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Do you really want him to check his grammar for a simple typo when you're using phrases like "they sure very unique," and are copying his mistake of placing a comma where a semicolon ought to go?

Embarassed I'm sorry...I should not have said anything Sad
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quote
So far, I like Jakotsu the gay guy. It's funny to see him hit on InuYasha and Miroku.

ShellBullet wrote:

This ain't a filler, it happens in the manga at Vol. 24, and has a lot of plot points, mainly about Naraku.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1